Racing at Huntingdon rescheduled for Saturday
HUNTINGDON Racecourse is poised to host jump racing this weekend after switching its races from Friday to Saturday. Racing would not have been possible on Friday due to frost still being in the ground. However, racecourse managing director Sophie Hodgkins
HUNTINGDON Racecourse is poised to host jump racing this weekend after switching its races from Friday to Saturday.
Racing would not have been possible on Friday due to frost still being in the ground.
However, racecourse managing director Sophie Hodgkinson said the chances of racing on Saturday were better because of an improving weather forecast.
She added: "We couldn't have raced on Friday, but with the support of all the horse racing organisations - including the British Horseracing Authority and the Levy Board - we have delayed the fixture by 24 hours."
If the fixture goes ahead, it would be the first jump racing to take place in Britain since 3 January.
However, the meeting will be subject to a 3pm inspection on Friday by clerk of the course Andrew Morris.
- 1 Hospitals raise car parking costs for first time in six years
- 2 Captured Cambridgeshire man 'charged with mercenary activities' by Russia
- 3 Honda, Seat and Toyota crash on A141
- 4 Top roles confirmed at council owned housing firm
- 5 A1 set for night-time and weekend closures until August
- 6 A lost wedding photo uncovers a heartbreaking story
- 7 Vehicle caught fire on A1 near St Neots
- 8 Community invited to Paxfest and to get tails wagging at the Fun Dog Show
- 9 Opposition group to fight plans for new homes in village
- 10 Police searching for missing man discover body
A provisional first race time has been set for 12.50pm on Saturday, with updates available on the racecourse website at www.huntingdon-racecourse.co.uk.
Trainers declared their runners for Friday's races before they were abandoned. The races will be re-opened at declaration stage on Friday.
INFORMATION: Admission into the Main Enclosure will be �15, while accompanied under 18s are admitted free of charge.