Racer Railton makes some pleasing points in Scotland
- Credit: Archant
Jon Railton secured his first points of the Pirelli National Superstock 1000 Championship season on Sunday.
The local racer finished 10th in the latest round of the series at Knockhill in Scotland.
He qualified in 15th place and made headway in the race courtesy of a couple of smart overtaking manouevres and a couple of higher-placed riders hitting the deck.
Railton’s reward was six points and he said: “Our previous results haven’t really reflected the improvements we have been making, but everything seemed to click at the weekend and it is great to have a few points on the board.
“I said earlier in the season that my target was to feature in the top 10 on a regular basis and hopefully this is the start.”
You may also want to watch:
Andy Sawford dropped to third in the HEL Performance Motostar British 125cc Championship after a mixed weekend north of the border.
He finished second in the opening race of the weekend but retired from the second contest.
- 1 Envar deny responsibility for county's fly invasion
- 2 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 3 Volunteers needed to support booster jabs programme
- 4 Appeal to Transport Secretary over Huntingdon Rail Station plan
- 5 Man jailed for historic sexual abuse 'convinced child victims it was normal behaviour'
- 6 'Plague' of flies in Huntingdonshire villages
- 7 Huntingdonshire parks awarded Green Flag status
- 8 Lisa Leader makes it to Germany for life prolonging treatment
- 9 Axe-wielding burglar smashed way into St Neots house
- 10 Man dies after single-car crash near Godmanchester
Both championships continue at the Brands Hatch GP circuit over the weekend of July 17-19.