Poor reward for spirited show
JUNIOR RUGBY UNION St Ives U10 5 Spalding U10 15 DESPITE a committed performance, Saints only had Daniel McManus s late try to show for their efforts. They were 10-0 down at half-time, and even with strong tackling from Toby Naylon and Bernie Augstein, S
JUNIOR RUGBY UNION
St Ives U10 5 Spalding U10 15
DESPITE a committed performance, Saints only had Daniel McManus's late try to show for their efforts. They were 10-0 down at half-time, and even with strong tackling from Toby Naylon and Bernie Augstein, Spalding had just too much.
St Ives U10 25 Deepings U10 5
You may also want to watch:
A FINE hat-trick from Sam Hirons capped a good team performance from the Young Bulls. Tyler Elstub and Sam Kennedy were the other scorers in a storming performance.
St Ives U9 10 Spalding U9 0
- 1 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 2 House application rejected as loss of St Neots pub would be 'harmful'
- 3 Woman pedestrian in her 50s killed in guided busway crash
- 4 Ramsey woman to appear in court to face drug dealing charges
- 5 Three people arrested in Somersham after stash of Cannabis found in car
- 6 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 7 Three charged after £2m Hotpoint arson attack
- 8 Pedestrian seriously injured in Papworth bypass crash near St Ives
- 9 Could we face coronavirus restrictions over Christmas?
- 10 St Neots man loses 7 stone and raises £500 for charity
ROSS Meagher and Peter Ford scored tries to hand Saints victory, while Jake Bowen had an excellent game.
St Ives U9 5 Deepings U9 10
IT was Ross Meagher on the scoresheet again, but Saints just missed out as some good offensive running from Deepings gave them victory.
ST IVES U13s turned in a good performance at the Cambs Cup, held at Cambridge Rugby Club. Jake Peattie, Nathan Dewar and Alex Colah scored tries, while Max Dominay kicked a conversion to see Saints through the group stage.
The team met Peterborough in the semi-final and an Alex Brown try gave Saints passage into the final. There they met a strong Cambridge side who had already defeated them in the group stage.
History repeated itself, but Saints can be very proud of their hard work in achieving the runners-up spot.
Huntingdon Stags U9 20 Towcester U9 5
MATHIAS Moss scored three tries to hand Stags victory, with Henry Durrant grabbing the other.
Huntingdon Stags U9 35 Olney 10
ANOTHER hat-trick from Mathias Moss, other scores from Harry Jones, George Durrant, Henry Knowlton and Henry Ward.
Olney B U10 5 Huntingdon Stags U10 10
TWO tries from James Harris brought victory in a determined performance.
Olney A U10 10 Huntingdon Stags U10 10
CHARLIE Saunders grabbed the two tries for Stags in a competitive game.