Player-coach Cluer has a hand in all three goals as St Neots Men’s 1sts claim first win on 2016
- Credit: Archant
St Neots Men’s 1sts made hard work of recording their first win of 2016.
They eventually came away from Bourne Deeping 2nds with a 3-2 success in Division Three North-West last Saturday.
Player-coach Jamie Cluer was prominently involved as they recovered from falling behind to hit the front on the stroke of half-time.
Cluer fired the equaliser before laying on the second goal for Darren Coles, but Saints failed to capitalise on a series of short corners in the second half and paid the price when the hosts levelled while Phil Johns sat out in the sin bin for an off-the-ball foul.
But just as it appeared they would have to settle for a disappointing draw, Saints snatched victory. David Humphrey was in the right place at the right time to sweep in a Garth Mooney blast from a short corner earned by Cluer.
You may also want to watch:
St Neots are launching basic hockey and fitness sessions for ladies later this month.
The club will supply all equipment for the weekly sessions which begin on Sunday, January 31 (10.15am to 11.15am).
- 1 Station hub will "breathe new life" into Huntingdon
- 2 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
- 3 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 4 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 5 Child rapist from St Ives has been jailed after abuse
- 6 Gym members raise funds for children with cancer
- 7 How well do you know Huntingdon?
- 8 Take a sneaky peak inside the new Di Rita's at No2 restaurant in St Ives
- 9 Woman delighted to finally be a mum after infertility heartache
- 10 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k
The cost is £3 per session and anyone interested in attending should email email@example.com in advance.
St Neots would also like to welcome any prospective members to attend training sessions on Tuesdays (men) and Thursdays (women) at 7.30pm.