Player-coach Cluer has a hand in all three goals as St Neots Men’s 1sts claim first win on 2016
- Credit: Archant
St Neots Men’s 1sts made hard work of recording their first win of 2016.
They eventually came away from Bourne Deeping 2nds with a 3-2 success in Division Three North-West last Saturday.
Player-coach Jamie Cluer was prominently involved as they recovered from falling behind to hit the front on the stroke of half-time.
Cluer fired the equaliser before laying on the second goal for Darren Coles, but Saints failed to capitalise on a series of short corners in the second half and paid the price when the hosts levelled while Phil Johns sat out in the sin bin for an off-the-ball foul.
But just as it appeared they would have to settle for a disappointing draw, Saints snatched victory. David Humphrey was in the right place at the right time to sweep in a Garth Mooney blast from a short corner earned by Cluer.
St Neots are launching basic hockey and fitness sessions for ladies later this month.
The club will supply all equipment for the weekly sessions which begin on Sunday, January 31 (10.15am to 11.15am).
- 1 MBR Acres releases image of graffiti message
- 2 Met Office weather: Yellow storm and flood warning for East of England
- 3 80th birthday celebrations for the East's longest-serving lollipop lady
- 4 Work starts on affordable 56-home development in Huntingdon
- 5 RSPCA investigating 'welfare of beagles' at Huntingdon dog breeding unit
- 6 Family pay tribute to brothers, 13 and 17, killed in horror BMW crash
- 7 Huge Victorian house with pool and gym on sale for £1.75m
- 8 Councillors vote to continue school transport for special needs schools
- 9 Judge makes contempt of court ruling against Camp Beagle protesters
- 10 7 great places to get a bottomless brunch in Cambridgeshire
The cost is £3 per session and anyone interested in attending should email email@example.com in advance.
St Neots would also like to welcome any prospective members to attend training sessions on Tuesdays (men) and Thursdays (women) at 7.30pm.