Plain sailing for Shipp
UCL Division One Huntingdon Town 1 Eynesbury Rovers 6 EYNESBURY Rovers emerged with the local bragging rights as they put Huntingdon to the sword at Jubilee Park to secure their third straight win. New signings were at the heart of the victory with Scott
UCL Division One
Huntingdon Town 1 Eynesbury Rovers 6
EYNESBURY Rovers emerged with the local bragging rights as they put Huntingdon to the sword at Jubilee Park to secure their third straight win.
New signings were at the heart of the victory with Scott Kingsbury, Lawrence Ravell and Ian Dawkes all on target. Old hands Barry Albone and Ross West also netted to ensure a miserable Boxing Day for the home fans.
You may also want to watch:
Kingsbury opened the scoring after 11 minutes in just his second match for Eynesbury while Huntingdon's only first half effort was a header by Alyou Coaney which was pushed behind for a corner kick by Ben Houseago.
Rovers doubled their advantage in the 36th minute when a Stuart Humphreys corner was headed home by Lawrence Ravell, scoring his first goal for the club in only his second appearance.
- 1 Take a sneaky peak inside the new Di Rita's at No2 restaurant in St Ives
- 2 Numerous Huntingdon High Street shops shut due to flooding
- 3 Man to appear in court after smashing police car window with sledgehammer
- 4 Drink driver arrested in Brampton for being four times over the legal limit
- 5 Man in court over special constable assault and theft of alcohol
- 6 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 7 Station hub will "breathe new life" into Huntingdon
- 8 Diners at St Ives pub help raise £8k for hospitality charity
- 9 Man who burgled his own father’s home is sentenced
- 10 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
Two minutes into the second half Alan Haine squandered a good opportunity for the hosts to pull a goal when he was denied by the legs of Houseago and this proved a costly miss as a minute later Barry Albone made the score 3-0 after good work from Kingsbury.
Ryan Francis pulled a goal back for the hosts on 54 minutes but Rovers regained their three goal advantage in the 68th minute following a David Watts free kick into the penalty area. Stuart Harper headed the ball down for Ross West to slide in and make it 4-1.
Then new signing Ian Dawkes took centre stage as he struck with a 73rd minute shot from a Kingsbury pass and then made it 6-1 four minutes later as he headed the ball home after another Watts free kick which was headed on by Stuart Humphreys.
Rovers manager Dean Shipp said: "The scoreline surprised me but I was delighted by the performances of the new lads.
"It is very pleasing to be able to attract local players and to see them perform as well as they did gives the whole side a boost."
- Eynesbury triumphed 3-1 at Northampton Sileby Rangers on December 23 thanks to goals from James Dove, Scott Kingsbury and Craig Smith. Rovers face a trip to Rothwell Corinthians on Saturday 30.
- Huntingdon earned an excellent 3-1 win at home to Peterborough Northern Star on December 23. Carl Foreman, Adam Collins and Alyou Coaney were the men on target. Town travel to Northampton Sileby Rangers at the weekend.
- Godmanchester Rovers' Boxing Day derby trip to Ely City ended in a 2-0 defeat as Karly Hurst and Eric Cheesewright's side remained rooted to the bottom of the Ridgeons League Division One