Piranhas sweep up medals
Huntingdon Piranhas entered 32 members in the Cambridgeshire County A and B Championships, and 23 came away with medals for coming in the top six places in their events, while 114 personal best times were set. Chelsea Prouten won both the 12yr girls 100
Huntingdon Piranhas entered 32 members in the Cambridgeshire County A and B Championships, and 23 came away with medals for coming in the top six places in their events, while 114 personal best times were set.
Chelsea Prouten won both the 12yr girls 100 metre individual medley and the 50m breaststroke.
Claire Thwaites won the 18plus 50m backstroke, and Stephen Brookes won the 50m backstroke in the 16yr age group.
ST Ives had 40 swimmers representing the Club at the County Championships and came third overall.
You may also want to watch:
Callum French, 13, picked up nine gold medals, county records, three national qualifying times and the trophy for best male swimmer in his age group.
Carl Johnson, 10, came home with 10 medals, two of them gold, Soraya Sassani won all of the seven events she entered. Sophie Hookham picked up nine medals and the trophy for top 13 year-old girl and Stacey Brice won eight medals.
- 1 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 2 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 3 Pedestrian seriously injured in Papworth bypass crash near St Ives
- 4 Uninsured driver caught in Ramsey speeding up to 100mph
- 5 St Neots man loses 7 stone and raises £500 for charity
- 6 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
- 7 House application rejected as loss of St Neots pub would be 'harmful'
- 8 £330,000 fraudster burning evidence as police raid his home
- 9 24 Hours in Police Custody: This is what happened to Alex Fitzpatrick
- 10 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?