Piranhas show extra bite to win
A STRONG performance from Huntingdon Piranhas saw them swim to victory in the B final of the senior Fenland league. After a competitive evening s swimming the Piranhas emerged clear winners ahead of Chatteris as they retained their trophy. The Piranhas wo
A STRONG performance from Huntingdon Piranhas saw them swim to victory in the B final of the senior Fenland league.
After a competitive evening's swimming the Piranhas emerged clear winners ahead of Chatteris as they retained their trophy.
The Piranhas won 21 of the 51 races and finished second in a further 12 races.
Four swimmers led the way for Huntingdon with two wins each - Chelsea Prouten, Matthew Lardner, Tamara Richards and Charlotte Harrison.
You may also want to watch:
Other wins came from Lucy Brading, Harriet Lee, Laura Vuylsteke, Ryan Skeels, Lianne Griffiths and four relay squads.
Second place honours went to Adrian Vulysteke, Samantha Green (2), Kristen Chadband, Remmick Sargianopoulos, Katey Shaw, Chloe Gibson and Lianne Griffiths.
- 1 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 2 Envar deny responsibility for county's fly invasion
- 3 Elsie May's Electric Lounge to raise £15,000 for bakery school
- 4 Huntingdonshire parks awarded Green Flag status
- 5 Visiting restrictions at Hinchingbrooke Hospital partially lifted
- 6 Man jailed for historic sexual abuse 'convinced child victims it was normal behaviour'
- 7 Volunteers needed to support booster jabs programme
- 8 Cambridgeshire MP pays tribute to 'very, very good friend' Sir David Amess
- 9 Appeal to Transport Secretary over Huntingdon Rail Station plan
- 10 'Plague' of flies in Huntingdonshire villages
Special mention goes to the girls and boys under 10 relay squad which was made up of Leigh Chatten, Laura Wilson, Madison Mayers-Brandeth, Abbey Furmedge, William Davies, Daniel Willoughby, Matthew Rea and Adrian Vuylsteke.
The Piranhas were the only team on the night who were able to enter relay squads in this age group and the points were invaluable.
Piranhas, who are sponsored by The Centurian Club, Somersham, have come back after lighter summer holiday training brimming with confidence.
New head coach John Richards said he was delighted with the result: "This was an excellent team effort all round with every swimmer producing their best. We are now looking forward to the final of the Anglian League at the weekend.