ATHLETICS: Martin is the main man in Ouse Valley Way Marathon
- Credit: Archant
Peterborough Athletic Club runner Phil Martin sped to success in the Ouse Valley Way Marathon last Sunday.
The event, organised by Huntingdon BRJ, follows the riverside footpath from a starting point in Earith to the finish at Eynesbury.
Martin clocked an impressive 3:05.12 to triumph by almost two minutes from runner-up Steve Folgate (Cambridge & Coleridge) in 3:07.10.
Hunts AC man Richard Adamson took third place in 3:12.04 with Samantha Cullen, from the Eye Community Runners club near Peterborough, the first female finisher in 3:34.43.
A total of 85 runners took part in the event with a further 11 duos completing the race as a relay.
You may also want to watch:
Riverside Runners pair Piers and Niki Serjeant were successful in a combined time of 3:44.10.
- 1 'Armed police' swarm St Ives road in 'ongoing incident'
- 2 'She would help anyone' - Tributes to much-loved Tegan Luff
- 3 Man suspected of carrying knife 'in the street' is arrested in St Ives
- 4 Prison for 'violent' blackmailers who told victim 'we'll stab you'
- 5 Woman dies after being hit by lorry
- 6 The Windmill pub is set to reopen after extensive refurbishment
- 7 Hunts youngsters simply enjoying playing cricket again
- 8 Here are your 'at a glance' lockdown changes from today (May 17)
- 9 Paedophile foiled by undercover officer
- 10 Milestones and PBs for Riverside Runners as actual races make comeback