ATHLETICS: Martin is the main man in Ouse Valley Way Marathon
- Credit: Archant
Peterborough Athletic Club runner Phil Martin sped to success in the Ouse Valley Way Marathon last Sunday.
The event, organised by Huntingdon BRJ, follows the riverside footpath from a starting point in Earith to the finish at Eynesbury.
Martin clocked an impressive 3:05.12 to triumph by almost two minutes from runner-up Steve Folgate (Cambridge & Coleridge) in 3:07.10.
Hunts AC man Richard Adamson took third place in 3:12.04 with Samantha Cullen, from the Eye Community Runners club near Peterborough, the first female finisher in 3:34.43.
A total of 85 runners took part in the event with a further 11 duos completing the race as a relay.
You may also want to watch:
Riverside Runners pair Piers and Niki Serjeant were successful in a combined time of 3:44.10.
- 1 Police move in to close house after reports of anti-social behaviour
- 2 New garden village on outskirts of St Neots will bring 10,000 homes
- 3 Man named following fatal collision near Bluntisham
- 4 Jail for man who stole more than £25,000 from company
- 5 Vaccine centres offering earlier second dose AstraZeneca
- 6 Schoolgirl cuts her hair so friend can have a wig
- 7 Almost 100 'sexual and violent crimes' recorded in two of our towns in one month
- 8 Uber-style app could mean doorstep bus pick up
- 9 Mum's donation to thank 'incredible' midwives and maternity staff
- 10 Man jailed for sexual relationship with schoolgirl