Perfect record comes to an end for St Ives Ladies side
- Credit: Archant
St Ives Ladies 1sts saw their sparkling 100 per record ended by another promotion-chasing team last Saturday.
The Division Two North-West table-toppers, who had won all eight previous games, were held to a 2-2 draw by Cambridge City 3rds after failing to hold onto advantages provided by Vicky Leighton’s penalty flick and captain Helen Clarke’s strike.
The 2nds suffered their first defeat of the Division Three North-West campaign when pipped by a solitary Cambridge University 3rds goal, but the 3rds were in winning form as a Lauren Beadles hat-trick inspired an 8-0 rout of Cambridge South 3rds to maintain their Division Four North-West (South) promotion challenge. Emily Philpott, Emily Skidmore, Beth Paton, Hannah King and Ellie Burgess were also on target.
St Neots Ladies 1sts produced one of their best displays of the season to sink City of Peterborough 2nds in Division Two North-West.
Sue Glover hit opportunist goals either side of half-time before Mary Owen secured a 3-0 success with a fierce strike from a penalty corner.
You may also want to watch:
The 3rds were convincing 6-0 winners at Cambridge City 5ths in Division Four North-West.
Jay Dickinson and Kelly Bingham both bagged braces with Freya Drew and Chris Deeks completed the scoring.
- 1 Emergency services close St Neots road after medical emergency
- 2 Memorial stone for Cambridge student laid hidden in undergrowth for 80 years
- 3 House application rejected as loss of St Neots pub would be 'harmful'
- 4 Cambridgeshire hospitals busy and staff tired and abused
- 5 Woman pedestrian in her 50s killed in guided busway crash
- 6 Ramsey woman to appear in court to face drug dealing charges
- 7 Three people arrested in Somersham after stash of Cannabis found in car
- 8 Haul of weapons including a knuckleduster seized from Little Paxton home
- 9 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 10 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal