Peacock ready to show off on home soil
ST IVES Cycling Club’s cyclo-cross specialist, Phil Peacock, has been elevated to second in the Eastern League Cyclo-Cross Series after a string of podium results in the Elite Veterans category.
Peacock is looking to cement his advantage in his home race being hosted by the St Ives Club in the picturesque setting of Grafham Water this Sunday (November 13).
While the club is delighted to see a home rider performing so well, the main aim is to get more locals riding in the less serious categories.
The accessible sport of cyclo-cross is open to all ages and levels of riders, with races being held on safe off-road circuits run under British Cycling guidelines.
The fun starts at 11.00am with the ladies and veterans races, followed at 12noon by the under-12s race. The Under-16s will have to wait until 12.45pm, before the elite and senior riders start their race at 13:45pm.
You may also want to watch:
All levels of rider are welcome and mountain bikes make ideal machines for the first time rider on the interesting Grafham course.
Riders should sign on 45 minutes before the allotted race start and must wear a crash helmet.
- 1 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
- 2 Market demand leads to a reduction in Alconbury homes
- 3 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 4 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
- 5 Tonight's 24 Hours in Police Custody follows brutal Cambridgeshire murder
- 6 24 Hours in Police Custody: This is what happened to Alex Fitzpatrick
- 7 Road blocked due to crash involving a tractor on A14 near Godmanchester
- 8 Child rapist from St Ives has been jailed after abuse
- 9 ‘I’m Lovin It’ burglars caught by McDonald's trip
- 10 Award for teenager's bravery after losing his sight
If you decide to have a go – let us know how you got on.