Parkside lads seize their second chance
Priory Parkside Black made the most of their second chance to lift the Hunts Under 14 Cup on Friday night.
Jeff Hill’s lads had suffered penalty shoot-out heartbreak when the final was initially staged in April, but a replay was ordered after it emerged opponents St Neots Youth & Saints Sky fielded an ineligible player.
Priory made the breakthrough in the re-staging at Jubilee Park in Huntingdon when captain Murphy Culkin struck from an acute angle.
Callum Irvine fired St Neots level and they were only denied a second goal by the woodwork.
The match again looked destined to go to penalties until Priory grabbed a dramatic winner. Toby Hill headed in a late corner to clinch trophy glory and sink a Saints team who had pipped them to title glory in the Cambridge Colts League.
You may also want to watch:
Priory Parkside Black: Joe Watling, Laurence Palmer, Toby Hill, Alex Kontos, Ross McAdam, Jack Fairbrother, Murphy Culkin, Grant Huchison, Leon Fullianty, Alex Harris, Andrew Killick, Aaron Hiscock, James Allen, Pedro Garcia, Joe Brooks.
- 1 Envar deny responsibility for county's fly invasion
- 2 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 3 Volunteers needed to support booster jabs programme
- 4 Appeal to Transport Secretary over Huntingdon Rail Station plan
- 5 Man jailed for historic sexual abuse 'convinced child victims it was normal behaviour'
- 6 'Plague' of flies in Huntingdonshire villages
- 7 Huntingdonshire parks awarded Green Flag status
- 8 Lisa Leader makes it to Germany for life prolonging treatment
- 9 Axe-wielding burglar smashed way into St Neots house
- 10 Man dies after single-car crash near Godmanchester