PARATRIATHLON: Super Steadman rules supreme with another European title
- Credit: Archant
Sawtry star Lauren Steadman made an impressive return to action when capturing a fifth successive European title.
Steadman ruled supreme in the PTS5 category at Kitzbuhel, in Austria, last weekend in her first competition for seven months.
She completed the 750m swim, 20km cycle and 5km run in a total time of 1:13.42 to finish more than two minutes clear of her closest challenger.
It was a fine first outing of 2017 for Steadman, who has been focusing on her university studies since winning a silver medal at the Paralympics last September.
Steadman said: “I’ve had seven months off since Rio, so I was a bit nervous about how it would go. It’s really good to be back.”
You may also want to watch:
Steadman’s run of European glory began in Alanya, Turkey, in 2013. She also struck gold at Kitzbuhel in 2014 before triumphing in Geneva in 2015 and Lisbon last year.
- 1 Envar deny responsibility for county's fly invasion
- 2 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 3 Over 100 modern slavery victims rescued in Cambridgeshire
- 4 Volunteers needed to support booster jabs programme
- 5 Man jailed for historic sexual abuse 'convinced child victims it was normal behaviour'
- 6 Appeal to Transport Secretary over Huntingdon Rail Station plan
- 7 'Plague' of flies in Huntingdonshire villages
- 8 Huntingdonshire parks awarded Green Flag status
- 9 Lisa Leader makes it to Germany for life prolonging treatment
- 10 Axe-wielding burglar smashed way into St Neots house