Only Way is Essex star signs for St Neots
REALITY TV star and semi-pro footballer, Mark Wright, has signed for St Neots.
The capture of Wright was announced on the club’s website along with the signing of Rashid Kamara.
A statement said: “The rumour mill has been in action for some weeks now with regards to Mark Wright, who many will know better for The Only Way Is Essex and more recently as a camp mate in I’m A Celebrity Get Me Out Of Here that dominated ITV in November and into December.
“Dennis Greene has known Mark for four or five years and said: ‘Mark is an experienced footballer that has played at a higher level.Mark is a winner, he is a good character and will be good for the dressing room.’”
Wright, a left back who can also play in midfield, lists his former clubs as Colchester, Bishop’s Stortford and Rushden & Diamonds.
Kamara, who likes to play behind the leading striker, has been at Arsenal, Wycombe Wanderers, Kettering Town, Hemel Hempstead, Harrow Borough and has just returned from playing in Oman.
Greene added: “Rashid is the type of player that plays up front, he has got the tricks to get by a man and will get goals.”
- 1 MBR Acres releases image of graffiti message
- 2 Met Office weather: Yellow storm and flood warning for East of England
- 3 80th birthday celebrations for the East's longest-serving lollipop lady
- 4 Work starts on affordable 56-home development in Huntingdon
- 5 RSPCA investigating 'welfare of beagles' at Huntingdon dog breeding unit
- 6 Family pay tribute to brothers, 13 and 17, killed in horror BMW crash
- 7 Huge Victorian house with pool and gym on sale for £1.75m
- 8 Councillors vote to continue school transport for special needs schools
- 9 Judge makes contempt of court ruling against Camp Beagle protesters
- 10 Recap: Severe disruption on Great Northern and Thameslink trains to London
Both players will be available for selection at Saturday’s game against Woodford United at The Hunts Post Community Stadium.