Only Way is Essex star signs for St Neots
REALITY TV star and semi-pro footballer, Mark Wright, has signed for St Neots.
The capture of Wright was announced on the club’s website along with the signing of Rashid Kamara.
A statement said: “The rumour mill has been in action for some weeks now with regards to Mark Wright, who many will know better for The Only Way Is Essex and more recently as a camp mate in I’m A Celebrity Get Me Out Of Here that dominated ITV in November and into December.
“Dennis Greene has known Mark for four or five years and said: ‘Mark is an experienced footballer that has played at a higher level.Mark is a winner, he is a good character and will be good for the dressing room.’”
Wright, a left back who can also play in midfield, lists his former clubs as Colchester, Bishop’s Stortford and Rushden & Diamonds.
You may also want to watch:
Kamara, who likes to play behind the leading striker, has been at Arsenal, Wycombe Wanderers, Kettering Town, Hemel Hempstead, Harrow Borough and has just returned from playing in Oman.
Greene added: “Rashid is the type of player that plays up front, he has got the tricks to get by a man and will get goals.”
- 1 Station hub will "breathe new life" into Huntingdon
- 2 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
- 3 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 4 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 5 Child rapist from St Ives has been jailed after abuse
- 6 Gym members raise funds for children with cancer
- 7 How well do you know Huntingdon?
- 8 Take a sneaky peak inside the new Di Rita's at No2 restaurant in St Ives
- 9 Woman delighted to finally be a mum after infertility heartache
- 10 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k
Both players will be available for selection at Saturday’s game against Woodford United at The Hunts Post Community Stadium.