ATHLETICS: Success by the Waterside as Hudson adds another victory to his collection
- Credit: Archant
David Hudson added to his catalogue of 2018 victories by taking the Waterside 10k yesterday.
The Huntingdon BRJ man raced to success at Grafham Water in a time of 32.53 with clubmate John Uff finishing as runner-up in 34.38.
Another BRJ man, Robert Farrant, also finished in the top 10 as he clocked 38.26 to cross the finish line in ninth, while Guy Forster (14th, 40.47) and Danny Hawksford (17th, 41.07) also ran well.
Shelley Duffy was the second lady to finish in 41.45 while Anna Best won the FV65+ age bracket in 1:02.38.
Hudson also took top spot in the Cambs Road League this year – a competition made up of results gained in a series of races around the county.
You may also want to watch:
And there was more success for BRJ as they took the Ladies team prize thanks to the performances of Shelley Duffy, Alison Orrell and Melanie Wiffin.
Duffy was also third in the individual female standings.
- 1 New chief operating officer appointed at Hinchingbrooke Hospital
- 2 Help for dog owners who bought puppies in lockdown
- 3 Competition launched to name new St Ives park
- 4 Football club is now a mobile testing centre for coronavirus
- 5 Warning after man spotted in Huntingdon hanging around vehicles
- 6 Letters to the Editor
- 7 Van crashes into pram, killing five month old baby
- 8 Dog owners urged to take extra precautions after spate of thefts
- 9 Donations from school's Little Shop of Kindness is life-line for families
- 10 Public health director Dr Liz Robin to retire