ATHLETICS: Success by the Waterside as Hudson adds another victory to his collection
- Credit: Archant
David Hudson added to his catalogue of 2018 victories by taking the Waterside 10k yesterday.
The Huntingdon BRJ man raced to success at Grafham Water in a time of 32.53 with clubmate John Uff finishing as runner-up in 34.38.
Another BRJ man, Robert Farrant, also finished in the top 10 as he clocked 38.26 to cross the finish line in ninth, while Guy Forster (14th, 40.47) and Danny Hawksford (17th, 41.07) also ran well.
Shelley Duffy was the second lady to finish in 41.45 while Anna Best won the FV65+ age bracket in 1:02.38.
Hudson also took top spot in the Cambs Road League this year – a competition made up of results gained in a series of races around the county.
You may also want to watch:
And there was more success for BRJ as they took the Ladies team prize thanks to the performances of Shelley Duffy, Alison Orrell and Melanie Wiffin.
Duffy was also third in the individual female standings.
- 1 Take a sneaky peak inside the new Di Rita's at No2 restaurant in St Ives
- 2 Numerous Huntingdon High Street shops shut due to flooding
- 3 Station hub will "breathe new life" into Huntingdon
- 4 Man to appear in court after smashing police car window with sledgehammer
- 5 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 6 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
- 7 Drunk driver failed to spot police car parked next to her
- 8 Man in court over special constable assault and theft of alcohol
- 9 Child rapist from St Ives has been jailed after abuse
- 10 Diners at St Ives pub help raise £8k for hospitality charity