One set of Saints win and another lose
- Credit: Archant
St Neots Town faced Football League opposition for the second time in four days when League Two play-off losers Stevenage graced the Premier Plus Stadium last night.
Two goals in the space of five first-half minutes earned the full-time visitors a 2-0 victory.
Saints posed plenty of threat after the break with a Connor Hall shot saved at full stretch and Kane Farrell also being denied.
Peter Clark was denied a late consolation when a late effort was deflected wide with the Stevenage goalkeeper stranded.
Trialist Declan Rogers hit the only goal as St Ives beat lower-level Yaxley.
Rogers struck with a 20-yard snap-shot midway through the second half of a fixture played at the St Ivo Outdoor Centre.
Saints had earlier been reliant on a couple of goal-line clearances from defender Jordan Lambert in the first half.
- 1 Nursery rated inadequate after inspectors said safety was 'compromised'
- 2 Woman who could barely walk is taking part in cycling event after shedding 19 stones
- 3 Philip Pope named mayor of St Ives for a second time
- 4 St Neots Street Food Fest promises to be "bigger and better"
- 5 Find out what's happening in Huntingdonshire for the Queen's Jubilee?
- 6 Shoplifter barred from every M&S and Sainsbury's in Cambridgeshire
- 7 A14 westbound reopens after crash caused 7 miles of delays
- 8 Plans to demolish barn and create organic food business
- 9 New organic coffee shop opens in St Neots
- 10 Cambridgeshire zoo 'devastated' following death of white Bengal tiger
Another trialist, Joe Peacock, came within a whisker of doubling their lead when hitting a post late on.
Summer signings Phil Draycott and Danny Watson appeared in a St Ives shirt for the first time.