One set of Saints win and another lose
- Credit: Archant
St Neots Town faced Football League opposition for the second time in four days when League Two play-off losers Stevenage graced the Premier Plus Stadium last night.
Two goals in the space of five first-half minutes earned the full-time visitors a 2-0 victory.
Saints posed plenty of threat after the break with a Connor Hall shot saved at full stretch and Kane Farrell also being denied.
Peter Clark was denied a late consolation when a late effort was deflected wide with the Stevenage goalkeeper stranded.
Trialist Declan Rogers hit the only goal as St Ives beat lower-level Yaxley.
You may also want to watch:
Rogers struck with a 20-yard snap-shot midway through the second half of a fixture played at the St Ivo Outdoor Centre.
Saints had earlier been reliant on a couple of goal-line clearances from defender Jordan Lambert in the first half.
- 1 Numerous Huntingdon High Street shops shut due to flooding
- 2 Take a sneaky peak inside the new Di Rita's at No2 restaurant in St Ives
- 3 Man to appear in court after smashing police car window with sledgehammer
- 4 Drink driver arrested in Brampton for being four times over the legal limit
- 5 Man in court over special constable assault and theft of alcohol
- 6 Man who burgled his own father’s home is sentenced
- 7 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 8 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 9 Diners at St Ives pub help raise £8k for hospitality charity
- 10 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k
Another trialist, Joe Peacock, came within a whisker of doubling their lead when hitting a post late on.
Summer signings Phil Draycott and Danny Watson appeared in a St Ives shirt for the first time.