On the water
Colin Edwards, pictured, was first home for St Ives Rowing Club in the Veteran C event at the Cambridge Winter League on Sunday. Ten crews from the Club travelled to the meeting, which drew a capacity entry of 200 crews from across the Eastern region. All
Colin Edwards, pictured, was first home for St Ives Rowing Club in the Veteran C event at the Cambridge Winter League on Sunday.
Ten crews from the Club travelled to the meeting, which drew a capacity entry of 200 crews from across the Eastern region.
All of the club's crews produced strong spirited performances and the day's honour of being the top club crew went to the Mixed Novice quadruple scull of Michele Levens, Jamie Wilson, Gary Gilbey & Claire Folkes; who finished the day in provisional 56th position overall.
Meanwhile the club's leading junior, James Hadley, travelled to Boston along with his coach Nigel Drake; to participate in the GB Junior Assessment trials weekend. Racing in the 5k time trials on Saturday and Sunday he came home with provisional places of 21st and 15th under his belt.
You may also want to watch:
After these excellent performances he will be now be looking for an invitation to the next stage of the trials with an eye on a place in this year's National Junior Squad team.
The next outing for the St Ives Rowing Club will be at the second and last leg of this year's Winter League series, on
- 1 Station hub will "breathe new life" into Huntingdon
- 2 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
- 3 Child rapist from St Ives has been jailed after abuse
- 4 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 5 Take a sneaky peak inside the new Di Rita's at No2 restaurant in St Ives
- 6 Woman delighted to finally be a mum after infertility heartache
- 7 How well do you know Huntingdon?
- 8 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 9 Man to appear in court after smashing police car window with sledgehammer
- 10 Numerous Huntingdon High Street shops shut due to flooding
INFORMATION: St Ives Rowing Club is situated in the Broadway, St Ives, next to the Floods Tavern. The club is open to potential new members from 10am-noon on Sunday mornings throughout the year.