OLYMPIC GAMES: Busy Ben on course for medal at the halfway stage of Nacra 17 competition
- Credit: All rights reserved
Graham Water sailor Ben Saxton enjoyed another impressive day in his Olympic Gmaes debut yesterday.
Saxton and partner Nicola Groves kept their medal bid in the Nacra 17 discipline firmly on track as they share top spot in the overall standings with Australian duo Jason Waterhouse and Lisa Darmanin, who won the Test Event in Rio last year.
Saxton and Groves faced four races yesterday and collected second, seventh, fifth and third-placed finishers to reach the halfway point of the series.
Saxton said: “It was a big day and at times there was quite a lot of wind. We kept sailing smart and needed a couple of comebacks, but we always did it.
“Without winning a race we have still managed to enjoy four good races.”
You may also want to watch:
Saxton and Groves have a rest day today (Friday).
- 1 House application rejected as loss of St Neots pub would be 'harmful'
- 2 Woman pedestrian in her 50s killed in guided busway crash
- 3 Emergency services close St Neots road after medical emergency
- 4 Memorial stone for Cambridge student laid hidden in undergrowth for 80 years
- 5 Ramsey woman to appear in court to face drug dealing charges
- 6 Three people arrested in Somersham after stash of Cannabis found in car
- 7 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 8 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 9 Three charged after £2m Hotpoint arson attack
- 10 St Neots man loses 7 stone and raises £500 for charity