Godmanchester Rovers begin manager search after Ollie Drake steps down
- Credit: Submitted
Godmanchester Rovers have launched a search for a new manager after Ollie Drake resigned from the position.
He had been in charge at the David Wilson Homes Stadium since 2017 and oversaw one of the most successful periods in club history.
And he leaves with Goddy sitting 16th in the Eastern Counties League Premier Division after what has been a severely-truncated season.
Drake said: "I have made a very conscious decision to as Godmanchester Rovers manager with immediate effect.
"This is not something I have taken lightly, however, I feel it is the right time to ensure the club has the opportunity to find a replacement ahead of the proposed restart of the season on January 9."
Chairman Karly Hurst was keen to place on record his thanks for Drake's work, especially the cup double winning season.
He said: "Ollie is one of a few good young managers, whom we at Goddy have been fortunate to have managing the team over the last four seasons.
- 1 Driver of fully laden HGV who failed breath test 'couldn't stand up unaided'
- 2 Super slimmer who lost one third of her body weight crowned woman of year
- 3 Covid-19 numbers in Fenland higher than rest of county
- 4 It's snowing! Send us your snow photos
- 5 Hunts police called to 'numerous breaches' of covid regulations
- 6 Chief executive takes 'personal oversight' of inquiry into deputy leader's farm tenancy
- 7 Complaints as elderly people wait in freezing conditions for vaccine
- 8 Two weeks left to respond to proposed flight path over Huntingdonshire
- 9 Villagers call for action after 'worst floods in years'
- 10 Two men to appear in court to face aggravated burglary charges.
"I wish to thank him for his efforts. I fully understand the tough decision that he has had to make and I would like to wish him every success in the future.
"Applications are now invited for the position of first-team manager/coach.
"If you wish to be considered please email your application to email@example.com"
The deadline for applications is Tuesday with interviews planned for the following week.