O’Conner races to the top at Swineshead
TIM O’Connor led 22 members of the BRJ Road Running Club to victory in the Swineshead 10-mile race on Sunday, September 11.
On the blustery race day, O’Connor was one of only two runners to come in under the hour on his debut 10-mile race for the club.
Lucy Moore also had a successful run, winning her age category, with Paula Elliot fellow club runner coming in a close second.
Andy Matson earned himself a personal best time while 11 of the club runners were making their debut at the distance.
Eight members made their way to Newcastle to take part in the Great North Run.
You may also want to watch:
The world famous race is always an opportunity for members to raise money for the club charity, which this year is Macmillan Cancer Support.
Alan Hannibal, Jez Bottley, Sue Yendley, Adrian Cragg and Geoff Hopcraft donned green tutus and thongs to entice people to put cash into their collection pots.
- 1 Numerous Huntingdon High Street shops shut due to flooding
- 2 Take a sneaky peak inside the new Di Rita's at No2 restaurant in St Ives
- 3 Man to appear in court after smashing police car window with sledgehammer
- 4 Drink driver arrested in Brampton for being four times over the legal limit
- 5 Man in court over special constable assault and theft of alcohol
- 6 Man who burgled his own father’s home is sentenced
- 7 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 8 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 9 Diners at St Ives pub help raise £8k for hospitality charity
- 10 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k
Simon Moore finished in a personal best time and Nicky and Jon Barlow completed the race together, also achieving personal best times.