Nudd wins battle against the ice
Angling with Stan and Fizz
With Stan and Fizz
REMARKABLY, there were two matches last weekend despite the freezing winter conditions.
MARCH CHRISTMAS OPEN
You may also want to watch:
ALTHOUGH the field was below near the original 100 anglers expected, nearly 50 braved the arctic conditions.
The day began with most swims clear of ice but the sub-zero temperatures meant that cat-ice kept forming, which caused varying problems throughout the day.
- 1 Envar deny responsibility for county's fly invasion
- 2 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 3 Volunteers needed to support booster jabs programme
- 4 Appeal to Transport Secretary over Huntingdon Rail Station plan
- 5 Huntingdonshire parks awarded Green Flag status
- 6 Man jailed for historic sexual abuse 'convinced child victims it was normal behaviour'
- 7 'Plague' of flies in Huntingdonshire villages
- 8 Lisa Leader makes it to Germany for life prolonging treatment
- 9 Axe-wielding burglar smashed way into St Neots house
- 10 Man dies after single-car crash near Godmanchester
Bob Nudd, drawn on the second peg above the health centre bridge, was top rod on the day, landing quality roach from the start on punched bread to weigh in an excellent 18lb 2oz.
Fox Match Stanjay’s Roy Whincup was second from Nene Parade with Will Freeman third from the same area, and most anglers had at least a few fish in front of them.
After the match there was the traditional presentation of prizes plus Christmas hampers for the top-placed anglers and a Christmas raffle, all organised by match secretary Bob Fitzjohn. The golden peg draw was also won by Bob Nudd.
RESULT: 1 Bob Nudd Browning 18lb 2oz; 2 Roy Whincup Fox Match Stanjay 16lb 3 Will Freeman Preston Innovations 15lb 8oz; 4 Paul Abbott Shakespeare 13lb 8oz;
5 Steve Winter Maver Bait-tech 13lb 4oz.
RAMSEY CHRISTMAS OPEN
THE pegs on Factory Bank have been in regular use during the recent cold snap and 10 hardy anglers were present on Sunday for the club Christmas match.
Paul Kilby not only won the match but also scooped a �100 golden fund. Kevin Peacock finished second and Ivan Steels third.
RESULT: 1 Paul Kilby 5lb 13oz; 2 Kevin Peacock 4lb 12oz; 3 Ivan Steels 3lb 2oz.
Stanjay Christmas Series
Monday December 27, Thursday December 30 and Sunday January 2 – Raveley or alternative drains. Book through Roy Whincup on 01487 822333.
Tuesday – Club sweepstake – Meet at Factory Bank.
Open Match River Cam
Tuesday – Contact M Caldecote on 07794 872541 or 01223 561855.