NON-LEAGUE: It’s another wash-out as St Ives Town have to postpone cup semi-final again
- Credit: Archant
St Ives Town have been forced to postpone a home match for the third time in the past week.
Torrential rain in recent days has taken its toll on the club’s ProEdge Westwood Road pitch.
Their Southern League Challenge Cup semi-final against Aylesbury United was called off today (Tuesday) after also falling victim to heavy rain the previous Tuesday.
And a Southern League Premier Division home clash against Hitchin last Saturday also had to be postponed.
Manager Ricky Marheineke said: “We’ve had bad weather and we’re certainly not the only club that has had to postpone games.
You may also want to watch:
“Many clubs are fortunate enough to have a purpose-built pitch, but we don’t have that luxury.
“It’s not really causing us any major issues as we are not behind in fixtures.”
- 1 Station hub will "breathe new life" into Huntingdon
- 2 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
- 3 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 4 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 5 Child rapist from St Ives has been jailed after abuse
- 6 Gym members raise funds for children with cancer
- 7 How well do you know Huntingdon?
- 8 Take a sneaky peak inside the new Di Rita's at No2 restaurant in St Ives
- 9 Woman delighted to finally be a mum after infertility heartache
- 10 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k
The cup clash against Aylesbury United is now likely to take place on Tuesday, March 14.