NON-LEAGUE FOOTBALL: Young talent arrives and striker returns in St Neots Town double-swoop
- Credit: Archant
St Neots Town manager Matt Clements has made two new signings today.
Clements has drafted in left-back Jordan Norville-Williams on loan from Cambridge United and also brought striker Tom Meechan back to the club.
Norville-Williams, who can also operate as a wideman, has previously had loan spells at Cambridge City and Harlow Town.
Meechan is a free agent after recently leaving National League South side Hungerford. He returns after scoring six times during a two-month loan spell at Saints earlier in the season.
He will feature in selected games during the rest of the campaign that fit in around his employment in Wales.
Clements told the Hunts Post: “Jordan is a very talented and exciting lad who can play as a full-back or a winger.
“I must place on record my thanks to Cambridge United for again allowing us to give games to one of their young prospects.
- 1 'Leaning' Christmas tree in St Neots is removed
- 2 Staff threatened with sledgehammer in armed robbery at St Neots jewellers
- 3 Work from home, masks and NHS passes: New Covid rules explained
- 4 Roman crucifixion burial found in Fenstanton
- 5 Drug dealers operating the ‘Marlo’ and ‘Star’ lines have been jailed
- 6 Thousands more homes set for Alconbury Weald
- 7 Fire Crews called to a blaze that started in a flat in St Ives
- 8 Christmas markets and events happening in Huntingdonshire in the next two weeks
- 9 Wood Farm has become 'rodent heaven' says Anne Marie
- 10 Boris Johnson tells people to work from home as Covid 'Plan B' confirmed
“It’s great to have Tom back on board as well. He will feature in a few of our games during the run-in and give us more firepower.”
Norville-Williams will come into the St Neots squad when they entertain Bishop’s Stortford this Saturday. They will attempt to snap a four-match losing run in the Premier Plus Stadium clash.
Meechan won’t feature this Saturday, but will come into consideration for the trip to Dorchester the following week.