NON-LEAGUE FOOTBALL: St Neots Town confirm exit of striker Dubi Ogbonna after Saturday no-show
- Credit: Archant
St Neots Town have released striker Dubi Ogbonna after he failed to show up for their fixture last Saturday.
The summer recruit missed a thrilling 3-2 success against Frome Town.
Team-mates and boss Andy Davies could not make contact with a player who had found the net in a 5-2 triumph against King’s Lynn last Tuesday.
Speaking ahead of tonight’s big Huntingdonshire derby date at St Ives Town, Davies said: “Myself, our director of football Iain Parr and chairman Lee Kearns are in full agreement that parting company with Dubi is the right thing to do.
“He let myself, his team-mates and the fans down by not turning up for the Frome game.
You may also want to watch:
“This was his big chance to put the doubters in their place, but I cannot afford to have any players in my squad who are not fully focused on representing the club.
“I really hope Dubi does settle at another club and manages to produce at this level.”
- 1 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
- 2 Award for teenager's bravery after losing his sight
- 3 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident
- 4 Market demand leads to a reduction in Alconbury homes
- 5 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
- 6 Station hub will "breathe new life" into Huntingdon
- 7 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 8 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 9 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 10 Numerous Huntingdon High Street shops shut due to flooding
Davies has wasted no time in attempting to sign another striker. He has made an approach for Bernard Christie, who scored 50 goals for AFC Dunstable as they won the Spartan South Midlands League Premier Division last season.