NON-LEAGUE FOOTBALL: St Neots Town star Jevani Brown swaps the Southern League for the Football League after sealing Cambridge United deal
- Credit: Archant
St Neots Town manager Matt Clements has spoken of his delight after striker Jevani Brown completed a move into the Football League today.
The 22 year-old frontman earned a two-year deal at Cambridge United after a successful trial with the League Two club.
Brown was a terrific performer for St Neots in the second half of last season. His 19 goals in 20 appearances for the local club were a huge factor in them achieving Southern League Premier Division survival.
Saints boss Clements said: “I’m delighted to see Jevani sign for Cambridge United.
“People might expect a manager to be disappointed after seeing a top player move on, but there is no doubt in my mind that Jevani should be playing professionally.
You may also want to watch:
“It’s a case of a terrific guy, who I thoroughly enjoyed working with, going to a club that I have masses of time for.
“Jevani played a huge role in keeping us up last season and we’re very grateful for his brilliant contribution to St Neots Town.
- 1 Complaints as elderly people wait in freezing conditions for vaccine
- 2 Two weeks left to respond to proposed flight path over Huntingdonshire
- 3 Two men to appear in court to face aggravated burglary charges.
- 4 HSBC is to close its branch in Huntingdon, it has been announced
- 5 Hunts police called to 'numerous breaches' of covid regulations
- 6 Villagers call for action after 'worst floods in years'
- 7 Pair jailed after drugs and cash worth £184k seized in 'peaceful' village
- 8 100-year-old care home resident reveals secret to a long life
- 9 Vaccine programme in St Ives and Warboys to start this week
- 10 Hinchingbrooke planning to expand critical care as Covid cases rise
“And I’m sure everyone connected with the club will join me in wishing him all the very best in his future career.”
Luton-based Brown joined Saints from Stamford last Christmas. He has played for a handful of non-league clubs after being in the Peterborough United youth system as a youngster.