NON-LEAGUE FOOTBALL: St Neots Town star Jevani Brown swaps the Southern League for the Football League after sealing Cambridge United deal
- Credit: Archant
St Neots Town manager Matt Clements has spoken of his delight after striker Jevani Brown completed a move into the Football League today.
The 22 year-old frontman earned a two-year deal at Cambridge United after a successful trial with the League Two club.
Brown was a terrific performer for St Neots in the second half of last season. His 19 goals in 20 appearances for the local club were a huge factor in them achieving Southern League Premier Division survival.
Saints boss Clements said: “I’m delighted to see Jevani sign for Cambridge United.
“People might expect a manager to be disappointed after seeing a top player move on, but there is no doubt in my mind that Jevani should be playing professionally.
You may also want to watch:
“It’s a case of a terrific guy, who I thoroughly enjoyed working with, going to a club that I have masses of time for.
“Jevani played a huge role in keeping us up last season and we’re very grateful for his brilliant contribution to St Neots Town.
- 1 Numerous Huntingdon High Street shops shut due to flooding
- 2 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 3 Man who burgled his own father’s home is sentenced
- 4 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k
- 5 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 6 Axe seized and two people charged for drink driving in St Ives
- 7 'Trolley waits' hit high for trust that oversees Hinchingbrooke Hospital
- 8 Man charged after knife found in St Neots police raid
- 9 Diners at St Ives pub help raise £8k for hospitality charity
- 10 Moving day for Black Cat Radio
“And I’m sure everyone connected with the club will join me in wishing him all the very best in his future career.”
Luton-based Brown joined Saints from Stamford last Christmas. He has played for a handful of non-league clubs after being in the Peterborough United youth system as a youngster.