NON-LEAGUE FOOTBALL: St Neots boss backs strike ace to impress at League Two club
- Credit: Archant
St Neots Town manager Matt Clements is backing Jevani Brown to be a success in the Football League.
The attacking talent, who hit 19 goals in 20 games for Saints after arriving last December, is on a two-week trial at Cambridge United.
Brown hit the post when he played for the League Two club in a goalless friendly against Norwich City last Saturday.
And Clements is confident the 22 year-old will impress – even thought it could mean Saints are left without their most lethal marksman ahead of the new Southern League Premier Division season.
Clements said: “There is no doubt in my mind that Jevani has the ability to play in the Football League.
“Everyone at St Neots Town is fully behind him and hopes he can get the good move he deserves.
“I also know what an excellent set-up there is at Cambridge United and I think it is a club where Jevani could flourish.
- 1 Boys, 13 and 17 killed in horror BMW crash near A47 in Peterborough
- 2 Man in his 40s suffers ‘life-changing injuries’ in major crash on A14
- 3 7 places where you can tuck into a carvery in Cambridgeshire
- 4 Fresh wave of Camp Beagle protests as vans arrive at Wyton complex
- 5 Plans for new Pightle land in Eaton Socon after generous donation
- 6 New mayor of Huntingdon unveiled at annual town council meeting
- 7 Met Office forecast for Cambridgeshire after weekend of mixed weather
- 8 REVEALED: The 'gang of five' who want Dr Nik Johnson gone
- 9 Suspected sleeping driver with child on board stopped on A1(M)
- 10 Rush hour rail disruption between Peterborough and London
“If a move doesn’t materialise for Jevani this summer, I’m confident he would get more attention by scoring goals for us next season.
“But it’s not about St Neots Town at the moment – it’s about Jevani making the most of the opportunity that he has earned.”
St Neots drew a blank without Brown last Saturday when suffering a 1-0 friendly defeat at Step 4 newcomers Mildenhall Town.
St Neots are back in action tonight (Tuesday) when they entertain League Two side Stevenage at the Premier Plus Stadium, 7.45pm. Admission is £5 for adults and free for accompanied children.
Clements revealed that striker Adam Marriott will have a run-out for Saints. Marriott is a former Stevenage player who has left Lincoln City after helping them to National League glory last season.
He played for Godmanchester Rovers in a friendly last week.