NON-LEAGUE FOOTBALL: Sam Ives leaves St Ives after only two Town appearances
- Credit: Archant
One of St Ives Town’s major summer signings has left the club after making only two appearances.
Boss Ricky Marheineke has mutually agreed to part ways with attacking player Sam Ives less than a fortnight into the new campaign.
Ives started Saints’ opening day draw against Stratford, but was relegated to the substitutes’ bench for a defeat at Chesham four days later.
He did not feature in their first-ever Step 3 victory at Cinderford last Saturday and Marheineke has now confirmed the player’s exit.
He said: “Sometimes things don’t work out. It didn’t happen how Sam or ourselves had planned.
“I’ve got nothing but good things to say about the lad and wish him well.”
It is understood Ives is due to undergo wrist surgery in the coming weeks and could miss up to three months of the season.
- 1 Judge makes contempt of court ruling against Camp Beagle protesters
- 2 Family pay tribute to brothers, 13 and 17, killed in horror BMW crash
- 3 Boys, 13 and 17 killed in horror BMW crash near A47 in Peterborough
- 4 Man in his 40s suffers ‘life-changing injuries’ in major crash on A14
- 5 Severe disruption on Great Northern and Thameslink trains to London
- 6 Food delivery robots taking to streets of Cambridgeshire
- 7 Jacob Crawshaw memorial football match raises more than £8,100
- 8 7 places where you can tuck into a carvery in Cambridgeshire
- 9 Plans for new Pightle land in Eaton Socon after generous donation
- 10 Huge Victorian house with pool and gym on sale for £1.75m
Marheineke has put in an approach for striker Craig Calver of Thurlow Nunn League Premier Division side Saffron Walden Town and is also hoping to have another potential recruit training with the club later this week.