NON-LEAGUE FOOTBALL: Sam Ives leaves St Ives after only two Town appearances
- Credit: Archant
One of St Ives Town’s major summer signings has left the club after making only two appearances.
Boss Ricky Marheineke has mutually agreed to part ways with attacking player Sam Ives less than a fortnight into the new campaign.
Ives started Saints’ opening day draw against Stratford, but was relegated to the substitutes’ bench for a defeat at Chesham four days later.
He did not feature in their first-ever Step 3 victory at Cinderford last Saturday and Marheineke has now confirmed the player’s exit.
He said: “Sometimes things don’t work out. It didn’t happen how Sam or ourselves had planned.
You may also want to watch:
“I’ve got nothing but good things to say about the lad and wish him well.”
It is understood Ives is due to undergo wrist surgery in the coming weeks and could miss up to three months of the season.
- 1 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
- 2 Market demand leads to a reduction in Alconbury homes
- 3 Award for teenager's bravery after losing his sight
- 4 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident
- 5 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
- 6 Station hub will "breathe new life" into Huntingdon
- 7 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 8 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 9 Road blocked due to crash involving a tractor on A14 near Godmanchester
- 10 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
Marheineke has put in an approach for striker Craig Calver of Thurlow Nunn League Premier Division side Saffron Walden Town and is also hoping to have another potential recruit training with the club later this week.