SATURDAY SPORT: Storm Dennis causes major disruption
- Credit: Archant
Storm Dennis got the better of the local sporting scene today.
All five non-league football clubs - St Ives Town, St Neots Town, Godmanchester Rovers, Eynesbury Rovers and Huntingdon Town - had their matches postponed.
It was a similar story in the rugby world with games featuring Huntingdon, St Ives and St Neots all falling victim to the weather.
The vast majority of hockey fixtures involving St Ives and St Neots were also cancelled, but some local football did survive.
Eynesbury United won 1-0 at local rivals Eaton Socon in a Cambridgeshire County League top-flight derby clash.
You may also want to watch:
A first-minute goal from Shane Fox settled the issue in favour of the visitors who are chasing promotion from the Kershaw Premier Division.
- 1 Station hub will "breathe new life" into Huntingdon
- 2 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
- 3 Child rapist from St Ives has been jailed after abuse
- 4 Take a sneaky peak inside the new Di Rita's at No2 restaurant in St Ives
- 5 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 6 Woman delighted to finally be a mum after infertility heartache
- 7 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 8 How well do you know Huntingdon?
- 9 Man to appear in court after smashing police car window with sledgehammer
- 10 Numerous Huntingdon High Street shops shut due to flooding