SATURDAY SPORT: Storm Dennis causes major disruption
- Credit: Archant
Storm Dennis got the better of the local sporting scene today.
All five non-league football clubs - St Ives Town, St Neots Town, Godmanchester Rovers, Eynesbury Rovers and Huntingdon Town - had their matches postponed.
It was a similar story in the rugby world with games featuring Huntingdon, St Ives and St Neots all falling victim to the weather.
The vast majority of hockey fixtures involving St Ives and St Neots were also cancelled, but some local football did survive.
Eynesbury United won 1-0 at local rivals Eaton Socon in a Cambridgeshire County League top-flight derby clash.
You may also want to watch:
A first-minute goal from Shane Fox settled the issue in favour of the visitors who are chasing promotion from the Kershaw Premier Division.
- 1 Vaccine programme in St Ives and Warboys to start this week
- 2 Godmanchester Rapist is jailed for 15 years
- 3 Hinchingbrooke planning to expand critical care as Covid cases rise
- 4 All UK adults to be offered Covid vaccine by September, says Government
- 5 Flood warnings issued as police receive multiple calls
- 6 Housing first battleground in mayor elections for Cambridgeshire
- 7 Man guilty of murdering partner's baby son
- 8 Man rescued from car stuck in Tilbrook flooding
- 9 GP surgeries in Huntingdon and Papworth start vaccine roll-out
- 10 Man who invited children to use his hot tub breached police order