NON-LEAGUE FOOTBALL: Player sees red in friendly at St Ives; Jack is the man for St Neots; Rovers finish with a deadlock
- Credit: Archant
There was something of a pre-season rarity at ProEdge Westwood Road on Tuesday night.
St Ives Town’s friendly against Bedford Town featured a red card as visiting player Kyjuon Marsh-Brown was dismissed for a headbutting offence late in the first half.
Saints trailed 2-0 at the time, but they fought back to level in the second period thanks to goals from summer captures Lewis Hilliard and James Hall.
St Neots Town were successful at Histon on the same night – thanks to a double-strike from a former St Ives man. Jack Bradshaw hit both of the goals as Matt Clements’ side triumphed 2-1.
All three goals arrived in a 13-minute spell during the second half with Bradshaw volleying his side ahead from 20 yards.
Histon replied within three minutes, but Bradshaw settled the contest when heading in a corner with just under a quarter-of-an-hour to go.
The Saints team featured young goalkeeper Evan Jeckells, who is soon to begin a scholarship in the USA, with new number one Mike Emery carrying an injury.
- 1 EastEnders star Adam Woodyatt ‘to work at restaurant in Cambridgeshire’
- 2 Cambridgeshire zoo 'devastated' following death of white Bengal tiger
- 3 Superintendent dons rainbow helmet against hate crime on #IDAHOBIT
- 4 MBR Acres releases image of graffiti message
- 5 Huntingdon thief jailed after stealing watch, iPod and iPhone from vehicles
- 6 Can you answer these 10 GCSE questions designed for 16-year-olds?
- 7 Iceland offers over 60s discount on shopping bill every week
- 8 Food delivery robots taking to streets of Cambridgeshire
- 9 Family pay tribute to brothers, 13 and 17, killed in horror BMW crash
- 10 Work starts on affordable 56-home development in Huntingdon
Midfielder Claudio Dias again appeared for the club along with trialist striker Harry Beckley.
Two other trialists – former St Neots youngster Ebey Marango and ex-St Ives frontman Will Muzvimbiri – were substitutes.
Godmanchester Rovers completed their pre-season programme with a 2-2 draw against Yaxley last night (Thursday).
Jack Chandler hit both Rovers goals in the second half. That game came 48 hours after a 3-1 defeat against another United Counties League Premier Division side, Deeping Rangers.