NON-LEAGUE FOOTBALL: Player sees red in friendly at St Ives; Jack is the man for St Neots; Rovers finish with a deadlock
- Credit: Archant
There was something of a pre-season rarity at ProEdge Westwood Road on Tuesday night.
St Ives Town’s friendly against Bedford Town featured a red card as visiting player Kyjuon Marsh-Brown was dismissed for a headbutting offence late in the first half.
Saints trailed 2-0 at the time, but they fought back to level in the second period thanks to goals from summer captures Lewis Hilliard and James Hall.
St Neots Town were successful at Histon on the same night – thanks to a double-strike from a former St Ives man. Jack Bradshaw hit both of the goals as Matt Clements’ side triumphed 2-1.
All three goals arrived in a 13-minute spell during the second half with Bradshaw volleying his side ahead from 20 yards.
You may also want to watch:
Histon replied within three minutes, but Bradshaw settled the contest when heading in a corner with just under a quarter-of-an-hour to go.
The Saints team featured young goalkeeper Evan Jeckells, who is soon to begin a scholarship in the USA, with new number one Mike Emery carrying an injury.
- 1 Numerous Huntingdon High Street shops shut due to flooding
- 2 Man who burgled his own father’s home is sentenced
- 3 Man to appear in court after smashing police car window with sledgehammer
- 4 Take a sneaky peak inside the new Di Rita's at No2 restaurant in St Ives
- 5 Drink driver arrested in Brampton for being four times over the legal limit
- 6 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 7 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k
- 8 Man in court over special constable assault and theft of alcohol
- 9 Lets get Cambridgeshire back on the buses says mayor
- 10 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
Midfielder Claudio Dias again appeared for the club along with trialist striker Harry Beckley.
Two other trialists – former St Neots youngster Ebey Marango and ex-St Ives frontman Will Muzvimbiri – were substitutes.
Godmanchester Rovers completed their pre-season programme with a 2-2 draw against Yaxley last night (Thursday).
Jack Chandler hit both Rovers goals in the second half. That game came 48 hours after a 3-1 defeat against another United Counties League Premier Division side, Deeping Rangers.