NON-LEAGUE FOOTBALL: One set of Rovers march on in title pursuit, but another bow out of cup competition
- Credit: Archant
Godmanchester Rovers stretched their Thurlow Nunn League Premier Division winning streak to nine games last night.
Teenage hot-shot Luke Brown struck twice for the second successive game to earn a 2-1 victory at Saffron Walden.
Godmanchester hit the front early on and doubled their lead in the second period before the hosts halved their arrears.
Rovers have won every league outing since Boxing Day and remain 11 points behind leaders Norwich United. They also possess a game in hand.
Eynesbury Rovers bowed out of the United Counties League KO Cup last night.
You may also want to watch:
Mark Ducket’s men were pipped 1-0 in a quarter-final tie at Cogenhoe after conceding with 20 minutes to go.
They had been denied an opening goal by the woodwork moments earlier when a James Freshwater free-kick was tipped only the bar.
- 1 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 2 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 3 House application rejected as loss of St Neots pub would be 'harmful'
- 4 Pedestrian seriously injured in Papworth bypass crash near St Ives
- 5 Uninsured driver caught in Ramsey speeding up to 100mph
- 6 St Neots man loses 7 stone and raises £500 for charity
- 7 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
- 8 Woman pedestrian in her 50s killed in guided busway crash
- 9 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 10 £330,000 fraudster burning evidence as police raid his home
They also dominated the closing stages as they searched for an equaliser in vain. Matty Bannister and Lee Bassett sent efforts wide while substitute Rhys Thorpe was denied by a smart save.