NON-LEAGUE FOOTBALL: One set of Rovers march on in title pursuit, but another bow out of cup competition
- Credit: Archant
Godmanchester Rovers stretched their Thurlow Nunn League Premier Division winning streak to nine games last night.
Teenage hot-shot Luke Brown struck twice for the second successive game to earn a 2-1 victory at Saffron Walden.
Godmanchester hit the front early on and doubled their lead in the second period before the hosts halved their arrears.
Rovers have won every league outing since Boxing Day and remain 11 points behind leaders Norwich United. They also possess a game in hand.
Eynesbury Rovers bowed out of the United Counties League KO Cup last night.
Mark Ducket’s men were pipped 1-0 in a quarter-final tie at Cogenhoe after conceding with 20 minutes to go.
They had been denied an opening goal by the woodwork moments earlier when a James Freshwater free-kick was tipped only the bar.
- 1 New Toolstation branch to open in Huntingdon
- 2 Police dog helped find drugs and knife in Ramsey
- 3 Small community café in St Neots "just hanging on"
- 4 Three dogs including pregnant Jack Russell stolen from Wimpole kennels
- 5 Pupils enjoy early jubilee celebration with all things royal
- 6 Nursery rated inadequate after inspectors said safety was 'compromised'
- 7 Find out what's happening in Huntingdonshire for the Queen's Jubilee?
- 8 Come and see Huntingdon's Beacon lighting ceremony for the Jubilee
- 9 Great honour for two men awarded the freedom of Huntingdon
- 10 Bosses warn of 'choppy waters' ahead for health trust
They also dominated the closing stages as they searched for an equaliser in vain. Matty Bannister and Lee Bassett sent efforts wide while substitute Rhys Thorpe was denied by a smart save.