NON-LEAGUE FOOTBALL: Matt and Matty are re-united as Haniver becomes St Neots Town number two
- Credit: Archant
St Neots Town boss Matt Clements believes he has put together his dream managerial team.
Clements has confirmed the appointment of Matty Haniver as his number two just days after hiring David Bridges as first-team coach.
Clements and Haniver worked together to good effect when leading Godmanchester Rovers to a runners-up finish in the Thurlow Nunn League Premier Division in 2015-16.
Haniver had a long spell at that club, also finishing as runners-up and lifting the Hunts Senior Cup when joint boss with Neville Nania the previous season.
“Matty is one of the best tactical coaches I’ve ever had the pleasure of working with,” said Clements.
You may also want to watch:
“He thinks about football in the same way as I do. We share similar views on how we like teams to be set up and play.
“He’s one of the best up-and-coming coaches around and is highly respected in the FA, just like David, who he will work very well with on the training pitch.”
- 1 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
- 2 Award for teenager's bravery after losing his sight
- 3 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident
- 4 Station hub will "breathe new life" into Huntingdon
- 5 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
- 6 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 7 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 8 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 9 Numerous Huntingdon High Street shops shut due to flooding
- 10 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
Haniver was number two at AFC Sudbury for most of last season. He had a brief spell at St Neots as a player.