NON-LEAGUE FOOTBALL: Lawless and Westley at the double as Eynesbury triumph
- Credit: Archant
Eynesbury Rovers eased to a smooth United Counties League Premier Division success yesterday when beating lowly Sleaford 5-1 at Hall Road.
Leading scorer Dom Lawless and Nathan Westley both struck twice in the second half after Curtis Hartley opened Eynesbury’s account. Lawless’ goals were both penalties.
Hartley classily volleyed in a Dan Draper cross in the 13th minute but Rovers had to wait until the second half to extend their advantage.
Lawless tucked away his first spot-kick in the 55th minute after Jordan Brown was brought down and Westley, who had been introduced at half-time, sealed the points three minutes later.
Westley completed a quick brace with his fifth goal in eight first-team appearances before Lawless did the honours from the spot after Brown earned a second penalty.
You may also want to watch:
And the visitors also claimed their late consolation courtesy of a spot-kick after ck Uttridge was adjudged to have committed a foul at a corner.
Eynesbury climbed up to sixth in the Premier Division standings ahead of a trip to Yaxley on Boxing Day, noon kick-off. They then go to St Andrews this Saturday.
- 1 Envar deny responsibility for county's fly invasion
- 2 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 3 Man jailed for historic sexual abuse 'convinced child victims it was normal behaviour'
- 4 Elsie May's Electric Lounge to raise £15,000 for bakery school
- 5 Volunteers needed to support booster jabs programme
- 6 Appeal to Transport Secretary over Huntingdon Rail Station plan
- 7 Visiting restrictions at Hinchingbrooke Hospital partially lifted
- 8 Parents 'can never forgive' actions for Maddie's murder
- 9 Lisa Leader makes it to Germany for life prolonging treatment
- 10 Manager of BID Huntingdon is retiring after 11 years of service