NON-LEAGUE FOOTBALL: Godmanchester Rovers out to cause a shock by toppling a set of table-toppers in the FA Vase
- Credit: Archant
Godmanchester Rovers enter the FA Vase in upbeat mood tomorrow - despite facing the toughest of tasks.
Adie Cambridge’s men, struggling in third-bottom in the Thurlow Nunn League Premier Division, take on Spartan South Midlands League Premier Division leaders London Colney at the David Wilson Homes Ground, 3pm.
And while Cambridge is quick to acknowledge his team will kick-off as big underdogs, he also predicts there will be shock results at this stage of the national competition and hopes his team can be responsible for one.
He said: “There will almost certainly be a shock somewhere in the Vase tomorrow and hopefully we can be the team who provide it.
“There is no doubt we are huge underdogs as we sit third-bottom of our league and London Colney have stormed clear at the top of theirs.
You may also want to watch:
“But our performances in our past three league games have been really encouraging and hopefully we can take that confidence into this tie.”
Rovers have picked up five points from those three recent Premier Division outings, but they were beaten in midweek when Eynesbury triumphed 2-0 at the David Wilson Homes Ground in the opening round of the Hinchingbrooke Cup.
- 1 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
- 2 Market demand leads to a reduction in Alconbury homes
- 3 Award for teenager's bravery after losing his sight
- 4 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident
- 5 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
- 6 Station hub will "breathe new life" into Huntingdon
- 7 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 8 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 9 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 10 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'