NON-LEAGUE FOOTBALL: Godmanchester Rovers chief tips his leading scorer to be a big hit for table-toppers
- Credit: Archant
Godmanchester Rovers chief Chris Hyem is tipping Arran Mackay to be a big hit at Thurlow Nunn League title favourites Mildenhall.
The big striker agreed a move to the Thurlow Nunn League Premier Division leaders last week and made his debut for them at the weekend.
Mackay has been a star performer for Rovers during a difficult season. He fired 16 goals in 21 appearances and also played as a defender on a handful of occasions early in the campaign. Ironically, his first Mildenhall appearance was also as a centre-back when they drew 1-1 at Saffron Walden.
Hyem said: “Arran has had plenty of offers during this season, but stayed with us. I can’t knock him for moving to a team who are top of the league and I’m sure he will be a great addition for Mildenhall.
“It’s always tough to lose one of your best players, but we wish him all the best.”
You may also want to watch:
Hyem has moved quickly to draft in George Couzens on loan from Biggleswade Town.
Rovers were out of action last Saturday as their home clash against Long Melford was postponed due to a waterlogged pitch. It has been re-arranged for next Wednesday, March 8.
- 1 Station hub will "breathe new life" into Huntingdon
- 2 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
- 3 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 4 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 5 Child rapist from St Ives has been jailed after abuse
- 6 Gym members raise funds for children with cancer
- 7 How well do you know Huntingdon?
- 8 Take a sneaky peak inside the new Di Rita's at No2 restaurant in St Ives
- 9 Woman delighted to finally be a mum after infertility heartache
- 10 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k
Before then, Hyem takes his side on a long trip to the East coast to take on Brantham this Saturday.