NON-LEAGUE FOOTBALL: Godmanchester Rovers chief tips his leading scorer to be a big hit for table-toppers
- Credit: Archant
Godmanchester Rovers chief Chris Hyem is tipping Arran Mackay to be a big hit at Thurlow Nunn League title favourites Mildenhall.
The big striker agreed a move to the Thurlow Nunn League Premier Division leaders last week and made his debut for them at the weekend.
Mackay has been a star performer for Rovers during a difficult season. He fired 16 goals in 21 appearances and also played as a defender on a handful of occasions early in the campaign. Ironically, his first Mildenhall appearance was also as a centre-back when they drew 1-1 at Saffron Walden.
Hyem said: “Arran has had plenty of offers during this season, but stayed with us. I can’t knock him for moving to a team who are top of the league and I’m sure he will be a great addition for Mildenhall.
“It’s always tough to lose one of your best players, but we wish him all the best.”
Hyem has moved quickly to draft in George Couzens on loan from Biggleswade Town.
Rovers were out of action last Saturday as their home clash against Long Melford was postponed due to a waterlogged pitch. It has been re-arranged for next Wednesday, March 8.
- 1 Pictures show dramatic skies over Huntingdonshire and the Fens
- 2 MBR Acres releases image of graffiti message
- 3 EastEnders star Adam Woodyatt ‘to work at restaurant in Cambridgeshire’
- 4 Work starts on affordable 56-home development in Huntingdon
- 5 Huntingdon thief jailed after stealing watch, iPod and iPhone from vehicles
- 6 White roses and political history in Huntingdonshire
- 7 Iceland offers over 60s discount on shopping bill every week
- 8 Silent protest at Camp Beagle as vans leave the site
- 9 East West Rail host public event to discuss controversial project
- 10 80th birthday celebrations for the East's longest-serving lollipop lady
Before then, Hyem takes his side on a long trip to the East coast to take on Brantham this Saturday.