NON-LEAGUE FOOTBALL: Friday fixture could provide a defining moment in St Neots Town’s survival battle
- Credit: Archant
Manager Matt Clements believes St Neots Town face a defining 90 minutes in their Southern League Premier Division survival battle tonight.
The Saints chief is placing huge significance on a trip to face a Hayes & Yeading side, who sit in the relegation places, at Beaconsfield SYCOB (7.45pm).
St Neots have climbed out of the bottom four with a fine recent run of form with a terrific 2-1 triumph at King’s Lynn in midweek lifting them eight points clear of the drop-zone.
Clements said: “We’ve put a lot of hard work in to get ourselves out of the bottom four, but now we have to ensure we stay there.
“We’ve looked very good at home and I don’t see any reason why we can’t go through the rest of the season unbeaten at our place.
You may also want to watch:
“We hadn’t replicated that level of form on the road until delivering one of the most pleasing performances I’ve seen in all my time in football at King’s Lynn.
“We’ve got ourselves into a great position in terms of meeting our target of avoiding relegation, but we know the job is not done yet.
- 1 St Neots man loses 7 stone and raises £500 for charity
- 2 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 3 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
- 4 Pedestrian seriously injured in Papworth bypass crash near St Ives
- 5 24 Hours in Police Custody: This is what happened to Alex Fitzpatrick
- 6 Uninsured driver caught in Ramsey speeding up to 100mph
- 7 Market demand leads to a reduction in Alconbury homes
- 8 Tonight's 24 Hours in Police Custody follows brutal Cambridgeshire murder
- 9 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 10 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
“Tonight is a big one. If we get a result down at Hayes & Yeading, we will pile the pressure on them and the other teams trying to chase us who play tomorrow.”
Wideman Bradley Fortnam-Tomlinson’s loan spell comes to an end after the clash with Hayes & Yeading tonight, while Clements is hopeful of sending Nassim L’Ghoul out on loan.
The French winger has played for the club’s reserve side recently at Step 7 level. Soham Town Rangers and Godmanchester Rovers have registered an interest in him.
Clements has drafted in frontman Lewis Wilson on loan from AFC Rushden & Diamonds for the rest of the season, but he won’t feature tonight.