NON-LEAGUE FOOTBALL: Former St Neots Town skipper Tom Ward transfer-listed ahead of home draw
- Credit: Archant
St Neots Town have placed defender Tom Ward on the transfer list.
The Hunts Post understands his availability was circulated to clubs in the Southern League Premier Division, the Ryman League, the Isthmian League and the higher-level National League North and South late this afternoon.
Ward was stripped of the club captaincy last month after being one of five players to be sent off during Saints’ infamous FA Trophy exit against Liverpool side Marine. It was his second dismissal of the season and he is currently serving a four-match ban.
The 26 year-old is under contract with St Neots for the rest of this season so any move would require a fee.
Ward was made available for transfer ahead of Saints’ home clash against Cirencester last night, which ended in a 1-1 draw.
You may also want to watch:
Saints fell behind to a second-minute strike from Matthew Liddiard but levelled courtesy of James Hall in the 18th minute.
They remain in the relegation zone, one point adrift of Cirencester, who sit immedaitely above the bottom four.
- 1 Numerous Huntingdon High Street shops shut due to flooding
- 2 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 3 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k
- 4 Man who burgled his own father’s home is sentenced
- 5 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 6 Axe seized and two people charged for drink driving in St Ives
- 7 'Trolley waits' hit high for trust that oversees Hinchingbrooke Hospital
- 8 Man charged after knife found in St Neots police raid
- 9 WATCH: Flying Scotsman steams through Cambridgeshire Fens
- 10 Diners at St Ives pub help raise £8k for hospitality charity