NON-LEAGUE FOOTBALL: Former St Neots Town skipper Tom Ward transfer-listed ahead of home draw
- Credit: Archant
St Neots Town have placed defender Tom Ward on the transfer list.
The Hunts Post understands his availability was circulated to clubs in the Southern League Premier Division, the Ryman League, the Isthmian League and the higher-level National League North and South late this afternoon.
Ward was stripped of the club captaincy last month after being one of five players to be sent off during Saints’ infamous FA Trophy exit against Liverpool side Marine. It was his second dismissal of the season and he is currently serving a four-match ban.
The 26 year-old is under contract with St Neots for the rest of this season so any move would require a fee.
Ward was made available for transfer ahead of Saints’ home clash against Cirencester last night, which ended in a 1-1 draw.
You may also want to watch:
Saints fell behind to a second-minute strike from Matthew Liddiard but levelled courtesy of James Hall in the 18th minute.
They remain in the relegation zone, one point adrift of Cirencester, who sit immedaitely above the bottom four.
- 1 Van crashes into pram, killing five month old baby
- 2 Dad's emotional tribute after baby son dies in A10 horror crash
- 3 Lorry driver who 'couldn't stand up' was three times over drink-drive limit
- 4 Fantastic snow photos from our Hunts Post readers
- 5 Ramsey schoolgirl names new housing development
- 6 Help for dog owners who bought puppies in lockdown
- 7 Dad uses own mental health struggles to support other men
- 8 Man who drove lorry while three times over the drink-drive limit has been jailed
- 9 Warning after man spotted in Huntingdon hanging around vehicles
- 10 Hunts police called to 'numerous breaches' of covid regulations