NON-LEAGUE FOOTBALL: Eynesbury Rovers win league opener, Godmanchester Rovers begin on a losing note, St Neots Reserves tame the Lions
- Credit: Archant
Eynesbury launched their United Counties League Premier Division title challenge in winning style.
Rovers triumphed 2-0 at Cogenhoe United on Tuesday night thanks to first-half goals from new signing Declan Rogers and Jordan Brown.
Eynesbury were then reliant on a number of smart saves from goalkeeper Dan George, in the second period of his first Premier Division appearance for the club, to preserve their advantage.
Godmanchester Rovers were beaten in their first Thurlow Nunn League Premier Division outing on Tuesday.
Ollie Drake’s men lost 2-0 at early pacesetters Coggeshall Town after also bowing out of the FA Cup – at Cogenhoe – last weekend.
St Neots Town Reserves were victorious in their first outing at Step 6 level last night (Wednesday).
The Saints second string won 1-0 at London Lions in their Spartan South Midlands League Division One opener which featured an early goal and a late penalty save.
- 1 Ramsey fire-fighters refill Horse Pond with water to save fish
- 2 Principal at St Ivo Academy 'so proud' of students A-level achievements
- 3 Hinchingbrooke School receive improved A-Level results
- 4 Abbey College students celebrate 'fantastic' set of A-Level results
- 5 Nearly half of Kimbolton students receive A or A* grades in A-level results
- 6 Longsands Sixth Form students celebrating 'fantastic' A-level results
- 7 Pub regulars celebrate life of former landlord who died during pandemic
- 8 Cambridgeshire students set to receive their A-level exam results
- 9 Sawtry Village Academy 'incredibly proud' of all Sixth Form students
- 10 Which Thameslink trains are running during the RMT strike?
Dean Parratt made the breakthrough after eight minutes while goalkeeper Alex Vitue capped a fine performance by keeping out a stoppage time spot-kick.