NON-LEAGUE FOOTBALL: Eynesbury Rovers win league opener, Godmanchester Rovers begin on a losing note, St Neots Reserves tame the Lions
- Credit: Archant
Eynesbury launched their United Counties League Premier Division title challenge in winning style.
Rovers triumphed 2-0 at Cogenhoe United on Tuesday night thanks to first-half goals from new signing Declan Rogers and Jordan Brown.
Eynesbury were then reliant on a number of smart saves from goalkeeper Dan George, in the second period of his first Premier Division appearance for the club, to preserve their advantage.
Godmanchester Rovers were beaten in their first Thurlow Nunn League Premier Division outing on Tuesday.
Ollie Drake’s men lost 2-0 at early pacesetters Coggeshall Town after also bowing out of the FA Cup – at Cogenhoe – last weekend.
You may also want to watch:
St Neots Town Reserves were victorious in their first outing at Step 6 level last night (Wednesday).
The Saints second string won 1-0 at London Lions in their Spartan South Midlands League Division One opener which featured an early goal and a late penalty save.
- 1 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 2 Envar deny responsibility for county's fly invasion
- 3 Man jailed for historic sexual abuse 'convinced child victims it was normal behaviour'
- 4 Elsie May's Electric Lounge to raise £15,000 for bakery school
- 5 Visiting restrictions at Hinchingbrooke Hospital partially lifted
- 6 Volunteers needed to support booster jabs programme
- 7 Appeal to Transport Secretary over Huntingdon Rail Station plan
- 8 Huntingdonshire parks awarded Green Flag status
- 9 Meet the star cast of Christmas pantomime Sleeping Beauty
- 10 Lisa Leader makes it to Germany for life prolonging treatment
Dean Parratt made the breakthrough after eight minutes while goalkeeper Alex Vitue capped a fine performance by keeping out a stoppage time spot-kick.