NON-LEAGUE FOOTBALL: Eynesbury Rovers suffer at the hands of Holbeach again
- Credit: Archant
Eynesbury could be forgiven for being sick of the sight of Holbeach.
For the second time in five weeks, Rovers slumped to United Counties League Premier Division defeat at the hands of their Lincolnshire opponents.
After losing 2-0 at Holbeach in the last weekend of February, they went down to a heavier 3-0 reverse in the return clash at Hall Road last Saturday.
That was despite the visitors being reduced to 10 men just before the break following the dismissal of Stacy Cartwright for a reckless challenge on Hayden Bream.
Rovers already trailed by two goals at that point after conceding to Spencer Tinkler and Charley Sanders in the space of eight minutes during the opening half.
You may also want to watch:
Tom Coles thought he had halved Eynesbury’s arrears just after the hour only to see his effort ruled out for offside, but there was no stopping Holbeach clinching victory when Sanders earned and converted a penalty with 11 minutes to go.
The clash against Holbeach marked the start of a daunting run-in for Rovers, with their final six Premier Division fixtures all against sides sitting in the top 10 of the standings. They go to Harborough this Saturday.
- 1 Station hub will "breathe new life" into Huntingdon
- 2 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
- 3 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 4 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 5 Child rapist from St Ives has been jailed after abuse
- 6 Gym members raise funds for children with cancer
- 7 How well do you know Huntingdon?
- 8 Take a sneaky peak inside the new Di Rita's at No2 restaurant in St Ives
- 9 Woman delighted to finally be a mum after infertility heartache
- 10 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k