NON-LEAGUE FOOTBALL: Eynesbury Rovers back on track with Sileby success
- Credit: Archant
Eynesbury claimed a first win in four United Counties League Premier Division game on Tuesday night.
Rovers came from behind to triumph 3-2 at Northampton side Sileby Rangers.
They were behind at the break but levelled through a 15th goal of the season from leading scorer Dom Lawless early in the second half.
Eynesbury hit the front with 20 minutes to go when a Jordan Brown cross was diverted into his own net by a Sileby defender.
The points were sealed when substitute Craig Smith headed in a Declan Rogers free kick before Sileby claimed a stoppage time consolation when Eynesbury defender Steven Gentle sliced into his own net.
Rovers face a crunch home clash against unbeaten leaders Leicester Nirvana at Hall Road this Saturday. Mark Ducket’s men sit in third spot and trail the table-toppers by nine points, but do have a game in hand.
They will have a new goalkeeper on show against Leicester Nirvana after completing the signing of former St Ives Town promotion-winner Tim Trebes. He replaces Dan George, who has been axed after only arriving at the club in the summer.
- 1 Rocks thrown at St Neots school building in vandal attack
- 2 Product sold at Tesco recalled due to risk of disease-causing bacteria
- 3 All aboard! St Neots father and son to tackle London underground for charity
- 4 Three rail and bus strikes in London and the East this week
- 5 Social club can extend opening hours as 'no evidence' of problems
- 6 Improved Ofsted rating for village primary school
- 7 Fun in the sun at Huntingdon Carnival 2022
- 8 Cyclist left with serious injuries after bus collision in St Ives
- 9 Permanent Friday home for HCCN group
- 10 First breast-feeding friendly venue announced for St Neots
Huntingdon Town climbed into the top half of Division One courtesy of a 2-1 victory against Rushden & Higham last night.
The hosts fell behind early on at Jubilee Park, but Christian Le levelled before Liam Rodden hit the winner.