NON-LEAGUE FOOTBALL: Eynesbury Rovers back on track with Sileby success
- Credit: Archant
Eynesbury claimed a first win in four United Counties League Premier Division game on Tuesday night.
Rovers came from behind to triumph 3-2 at Northampton side Sileby Rangers.
They were behind at the break but levelled through a 15th goal of the season from leading scorer Dom Lawless early in the second half.
Eynesbury hit the front with 20 minutes to go when a Jordan Brown cross was diverted into his own net by a Sileby defender.
The points were sealed when substitute Craig Smith headed in a Declan Rogers free kick before Sileby claimed a stoppage time consolation when Eynesbury defender Steven Gentle sliced into his own net.
Rovers face a crunch home clash against unbeaten leaders Leicester Nirvana at Hall Road this Saturday. Mark Ducket’s men sit in third spot and trail the table-toppers by nine points, but do have a game in hand.
They will have a new goalkeeper on show against Leicester Nirvana after completing the signing of former St Ives Town promotion-winner Tim Trebes. He replaces Dan George, who has been axed after only arriving at the club in the summer.
- 1 Pastor in freedom of speech and job fight over Pride tweet
- 2 Missing woman back home
- 3 Teenage moped rider seriously injured in crash
- 4 Huntingdon man due in court on drug charges
- 5 Read the fascinating history of The Old Bridge Hotel
- 6 Man who died on A1 at Sawtry is named
- 7 Serious case review launched into death of Teddie Mitchell
- 8 Jail for Huntingdon man who threatened to kill woman
- 9 New bus service launched to serve Hunts villages
- 10 Life would be better without mud says Anne Marie Hamilton
Huntingdon Town climbed into the top half of Division One courtesy of a 2-1 victory against Rushden & Higham last night.
The hosts fell behind early on at Jubilee Park, but Christian Le levelled before Liam Rodden hit the winner.