NON-LEAGUE FOOTBALL: Eighth successive win for high-flying Eynesbury - seventh straight defeat for rock-bottom Huntingdon in the United Counties League Premier Division
- Credit: Archant
Eynesbury Rovers extended their spectacular winning run to eight United Counties League Premier Division matches yesterday.
Mark Ducket’s side saw off Rothwell Corinthians 3-2 at Hall Road to maintain their second position in the standings.
They saw an early Allan Owen opener cancelled out, but took command with a quickfire double just before half-time. Craig Smith restored the advantage before Tom Coles extended it.
Owen saw another effort ruled out for offside and Hayden Bream missed a penalty before the visitors halved their deficit, but Rovers remained in the driving seat to continue a month-long hot streak which began with a 7-1 drubbing of Cogenhoe on September 6.
There was no joy for Huntingdon Town as they remain rooted to the foot of the United Counties League Premier Division table.
You may also want to watch:
Town were only able to field a bare 11 players for a 7-1 reverse at Oadby Town yesterday - a seventh successive league defeat for Bob Warby’s men.
They did briefly hold the lead courtesy of a fifth-minute strike from Addie Staffieri, but they were behind within five minutes and 5-1 down by the break. Two further goals for the hosts followed in the second period.
- 1 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
- 2 Award for teenager's bravery after losing his sight
- 3 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident
- 4 Station hub will "breathe new life" into Huntingdon
- 5 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
- 6 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 7 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 8 Numerous Huntingdon High Street shops shut due to flooding
- 9 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 10 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'