NON-LEAGUE FOOTBALL: Cracker on the cards as Eynesbury Rovers host table-toppers Newport Pagnell in a clash of the United Counties League titans
- Credit: Archant
Eynesbury manager Mark Ducket is predicting a terrific United Counties League Premier Division spectacle tonight.
Third-placed Rovers entertain table-toppers Newport Pagnell in a crunch clash at Hall Road (7.45pm).
Pagnell are the early pacesetters after winning all nine league outings to date while Eynesbury have dropped just four points to date.
A rare blip came at the weekend when they were held to a disappointing 1-1 draw at Rothwell Corinthians.
Ducket said: “We were poor on Saturday and we need a reaction in a very big game tonight.
You may also want to watch:
“I can’t wait for it as it will show where we are as a group and individually. It can be our cup final for a change and it should be a great game to watch.”
New signing Robert Hughes could feature after joining Eynesbury from fellow Premier Division side Yaxley.
- 1 Envar deny responsibility for county's fly invasion
- 2 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 3 Volunteers needed to support booster jabs programme
- 4 Appeal to Transport Secretary over Huntingdon Rail Station plan
- 5 Man jailed for historic sexual abuse 'convinced child victims it was normal behaviour'
- 6 'Plague' of flies in Huntingdonshire villages
- 7 Huntingdonshire parks awarded Green Flag status
- 8 Lisa Leader makes it to Germany for life prolonging treatment
- 9 Axe-wielding burglar smashed way into St Neots house
- 10 Man dies after single-car crash near Godmanchester
The midfielder has played in successful St Neots Town and King’s Lynn Town teams at this level in the past.
Fellow midfielders Rob Ducket and Tom Coles are both nursing injuries.
Rovers leading scorer Dom Lawless, who has struck 13 times already this season, faces his former club after joining from Pagnell during the summer.
St Ives Town are also in action tonight as they face tenants Cambridge City in a Southern League Challenge Cup first round tie at ProEdge Westwood Road (7.45pm).