NON-LEAGUE FOOTBALL: Championship club Birmingham City leading the race to capture St Neots Town talent Jevani Brown
- Credit: Archant
A St Neots Town footballer could be set to earn a move to the Championship.
Striking star Jevani Brown has been offered a trial by Birmingham City and may feature for their Under 23 team in a fixture against Leeds United tomorrow (Wednesday).
The Hunts Post understands at least one other Championship club are also tracking the 22 year-old, who has hit 11 goals in as many appearances for Saints since arriving from Stamford AFC in December.
A number of other Football League clubs are thought to have watched Brown in action for St Neots in recent weeks as well.
Saints boss Matt Clements said: “I’m not in the least bit surprised by the interest in Jevani.
You may also want to watch:
“There are four-or-five clubs who are keen on him and Birmingham are one of them.
“We certainly won’t stand in Jevani’s way as we would love to see him progress in the game.
- 1 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 2 House application rejected as loss of St Neots pub would be 'harmful'
- 3 Woman pedestrian in her 50s killed in guided busway crash
- 4 Ramsey woman to appear in court to face drug dealing charges
- 5 Three people arrested in Somersham after stash of Cannabis found in car
- 6 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 7 Three charged after £2m Hotpoint arson attack
- 8 Pedestrian seriously injured in Papworth bypass crash near St Ives
- 9 Could we face coronavirus restrictions over Christmas?
- 10 St Neots man loses 7 stone and raises £500 for charity
“He has the key components that I feel professional clubs looks for in a player, and he has time on his side at 22.
“He is an honest and humble lad with tremendous ability, who doesn’t realise how good he is.
“There are still parts of his game that can be improved massively despite the fact he is already playing well and scoring prolifically at our level.
“He is still a St Neots Town player currently and that will remain the case until any such time as a transfer is completed.”
Brown, who is from Luton, spent time in the MK Dons and Peterborough United youth systems and has also played for a number of non-league sides.
But his form has taken off since joining Saints, already hitting two hat-tricks to help fire the club out of the Southern League Premier Division relegation zone.