NON-LEAGUE FOOTBALL: Boss Jimmy Brattan salutes best performance and result of 2018 from Huntingdon Town
- Credit: Archant
Manager Jimmy Brattan believes Huntingdon Town produced their best performance of 2018 last Saturday.
That was the way he described a richly deserved 3-3 draw at third-placed Raunds Town in United Counties League Division One.
Jonny Hall hit an equaliser in the first half with his first Town goal and leading scorer Corey Kingston then put them ahead in the second period.
But the hosts replied with two goals of their own to hit the front again before substitute Antonio Dello Russo drew Town level - and only a post denied them victory when Kingston threatened again in the closing stages.
“The lads showed real character to come from behind twice and get a draw against a side pushing for promotion,” said Brattan.
“The work-rate was incredible and the togetherness on the pitch was phenomenal. It’s our best result since the turn of the year and it gives us real belief for the rest of the season.
“It also highights that we can compete with any team in this league when we have close to a full squad available.”
- 1 MBR Acres releases image of graffiti message
- 2 Met Office weather: Yellow storm and flood warning for East of England
- 3 80th birthday celebrations for the East's longest-serving lollipop lady
- 4 Work starts on affordable 56-home development in Huntingdon
- 5 RSPCA investigating 'welfare of beagles' at Huntingdon dog breeding unit
- 6 Family pay tribute to brothers, 13 and 17, killed in horror BMW crash
- 7 Huge Victorian house with pool and gym on sale for £1.75m
- 8 Councillors vote to continue school transport for special needs schools
- 9 White roses and political history in Huntingdonshire
- 10 7 great places to get a bottomless brunch in Cambridgeshire
Huntingdon face another tough away assignment at second-placed Potton tomorrow night (Tuesday).
They hit the road again this Saturday when facing fellow mid-table side Rushden & Higham.