NON-LEAGUE FOOTBALL: Boss Jimmy Brattan salutes best performance and result of 2018 from Huntingdon Town
- Credit: Archant
Manager Jimmy Brattan believes Huntingdon Town produced their best performance of 2018 last Saturday.
That was the way he described a richly deserved 3-3 draw at third-placed Raunds Town in United Counties League Division One.
Jonny Hall hit an equaliser in the first half with his first Town goal and leading scorer Corey Kingston then put them ahead in the second period.
But the hosts replied with two goals of their own to hit the front again before substitute Antonio Dello Russo drew Town level - and only a post denied them victory when Kingston threatened again in the closing stages.
“The lads showed real character to come from behind twice and get a draw against a side pushing for promotion,” said Brattan.
You may also want to watch:
“The work-rate was incredible and the togetherness on the pitch was phenomenal. It’s our best result since the turn of the year and it gives us real belief for the rest of the season.
“It also highights that we can compete with any team in this league when we have close to a full squad available.”
- 1 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 2 Man charged after knife found in St Neots police raid
- 3 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k
- 4 Axe seized and two people charged for drink driving in St Ives
- 5 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 6 Over 100 modern slavery victims rescued in Cambridgeshire
- 7 WATCH: Flying Scotsman steams through Cambridgeshire Fens
- 8 Jail for 'despicable' burglary on 93-year-old man with dementia
- 9 Reflect on the 'rich tints of Autumn' at open gardens this weekend
- 10 St Neots schoolgirl takes on bike ride for Children in Need
Huntingdon face another tough away assignment at second-placed Potton tomorrow night (Tuesday).
They hit the road again this Saturday when facing fellow mid-table side Rushden & Higham.