No last win for Shipp
UCL Division One Eynesbury Rovers 1 Huntingdon Town 2 DEAN Shipp s final game in charge saw Eynesbury slump to a narrow defeat against an under-strength Huntingdon side on Boxing Day. Town took a seventh minute lead just moments after Ian Dawkes had his s
UCL Division One
Eynesbury Rovers 1
Huntingdon Town 2
DEAN Shipp's final game in charge saw Eynesbury slump to a narrow defeat against an under-strength Huntingdon side on Boxing Day.
You may also want to watch:
Town took a seventh minute lead just moments after Ian Dawkes had his shot pushed over the bar for Eynesbury - a Chris Caswell cross from the right was bundled in at close range by Nick Young.
In the 21st minute, Rovers goalkeeper Danny Workman brought down Paul Caswell inside the penalty area and the visitors were awarded a penalty kick from which Chris Caswell made no mistake.
- 1 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
- 2 Award for teenager's bravery after losing his sight
- 3 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident
- 4 Station hub will "breathe new life" into Huntingdon
- 5 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
- 6 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 7 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 8 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 9 Numerous Huntingdon High Street shops shut due to flooding
- 10 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
Eynesbury created chances with Dan Woodhead heading over from a Neil Morris free kick whilst Dawkes had his goal-bound shot blocked by a defender.
Within 15 seconds of the second half, Sean Humphrey brought a save out of Carl Yezek, while he also tried his luck from long range which was gathered by the visiting goalkeeper.
Nicky Young should have increased the lead for Huntingdon as he wriggled into the penalty area but his shot was poor and off target. Meanwhile, at the other end, Stuart Humphreys crossed the ball for Sean Humphrey but his header was saved by Yezek.
Substitute Richard Moore twice came close for Huntingdon but on each occasion his shot was blocked by a defender.
In the 88th minute, the hosts pulled a goal back as David Watts set up Morris who scored from the edge of the area. Despite five minutes stoppage time, Eynesbury couldn't find an equaliser.
# Huntingdon went down to a 1-0 defeat at Northampton Sileby Rangers on Saturday. Next up is a trip to Irchester this weekend.