New sponsor for St Neots Town
Meridian Line Travel agree five-figure deal with the Saints
ST NEOTS TOWN unveiled their new five-figure shirt sponsorship deal on Saturday.
Royston-based company Meridian Line Travel will be the club’s main shirt sponsor for their first season in the Southern League Division One Central in a deal worth in excess of �15,000.
Meridian has also supplied Saints with a luxury 82-seat double decker coach for all away trips over the coming campaign.
Speaking about the new link-up, club owner and chairman Mike Kearns said: “Following on from our success from last season, we had many suitors for the privilege of being our main club sponsor for the coming season.
You may also want to watch:
“After long deliberation, we chose Meridian – a very friendly and accommodating company.
“Not only are they a very good company, but they also gave us a solution to be able to transport not only the team – but also many of our loyal supporters – to away matches.
- 1 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 2 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 3 House application rejected as loss of St Neots pub would be 'harmful'
- 4 Pedestrian seriously injured in Papworth bypass crash near St Ives
- 5 Woman pedestrian in her 50s killed in guided busway crash
- 6 Uninsured driver caught in Ramsey speeding up to 100mph
- 7 St Neots man loses 7 stone and raises £500 for charity
- 8 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 9 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
- 10 Ramsey woman to appear in court to face drug dealing charges
“Our away support has always been commendable and, with this sponsorship, we can take 60 supporters to each away game with us.
“That support away from home will also be vital in our push for a second promotion in two years.”
Lewis Webb and Co. will be accommodated downstairs on the coach, where there are 20 seats with tables, while Saints’ officials and supporters can enjoy the 62 seats on the top deck.
Nikki Ramsden, a spokeswoman for Meridian, said: “We are very proud to be the new sponsors of St Neots Town FC and wish them all the very best for the forthcoming season.”