St Ives Town welcome new signings for 2020-21 season
- Credit: Archant
St Ives Town have welcomed some new faces into their ranks ahead of the 2020-21 non-league season.
The club made a host of announcements this past week, starting with news of the arrival of centre-forward Arel Amu.
The 24-year-old has previously played for Cambridge City, Walton Casuals, Hemel Hempstead and Dunstable Town and should bolster the attack.
Midfielder Nathan Hicks was the next new signing, with the 28-year-old having had spells at the likes of Rushden & Diamonds, Biggleswade Town, Kettering, Leamington and Histon.
And centre-forward Nabil Shariff, also 28, was the third player to be announced as joining the club after spells wit Rushden & Diamonds, Stratford Town, St Neots, Kettering and Banbury.
You may also want to watch:
Ives also revealed that club captain Robbie Parker is remaining at the Southern League Premier Division outfit, alongside goalkeeper Martin Conway and defender Ben Toseland.
And defenders Ben Jackson, Alfie Powell and Rhys Kelly were also announced as staying in Ives jerseys for 2020-21, before Kyle Lincoln was confirmed as another new signing.
- 1 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 2 House application rejected as loss of St Neots pub would be 'harmful'
- 3 Woman pedestrian in her 50s killed in guided busway crash
- 4 Ramsey woman to appear in court to face drug dealing charges
- 5 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 6 Three people arrested in Somersham after stash of Cannabis found in car
- 7 Three charged after £2m Hotpoint arson attack
- 8 Pedestrian seriously injured in Papworth bypass crash near St Ives
- 9 Could we face coronavirus restrictions over Christmas?
- 10 St Neots man loses 7 stone and raises £500 for charity
Another defender, the 31-year-old Lincoln joins the club having previously appeared for Bromsgrove Sporting, Dunstable Town, Bedford Town, Barton Rovers and Hitchin Town.
*Eynesbury Rovers had double reason to cheer recently after landing two awards.
Matt Plumb picked up the Hunts FA grassroots groundsteam of the year prize, with Eynesbury then also receiving the Spartan South Midlands League Premier Division’s best playing surface award at their AGM.
However, the club also revealed that Jordan Brown and Jazzy Dolby were leaving to take up new challenges at a higher level with Bedford Town.