New Saints Boxing Club continue to put boxers onto tournament podiums
- Credit: NEW SAINTS BC
New Saints Boxing Club's return to competition continues to impress with more and more picking up impressive results.
Two boxers from the St Neots' club reached the finals of the MTK Global Box Cup tournament held in Cumbria.
Fourteen- year-old John Doe secured gold in the 50kg schools' final by beating Charlie Gentle of the Smallholdings club in Kent on a unanimous decision.
Bill Davis, his 15-year-old team-mate, had to settle for silver in the 60kg junior final, losing after three gruelling rounds to three-time Scottish national champion Leo Church of Dumbarton.
He was consoled by earning the bout of the day distinction, however.
Charntay Naidoo secured her first title after beating Shakira Purchase of Taunton via unanimous decision.
The 15-year-old becomes National Junior Development Champion.
- 1 MBR Acres releases image of graffiti message
- 2 Work starts on affordable 56-home development in Huntingdon
- 3 80th birthday celebrations for the East's longest-serving lollipop lady
- 4 Met Office weather: Yellow storm and flood warning for East of England
- 5 RSPCA investigating 'welfare of beagles' at Huntingdon dog breeding unit
- 6 White roses and political history in Huntingdonshire
- 7 Pictures show dramatic skies over Huntingdonshire and the Fens
- 8 Family pay tribute to brothers, 13 and 17, killed in horror BMW crash
- 9 7 great places to get a bottomless brunch in Cambridgeshire
- 10 Tobias Taylor earns GB call after second national schools boxing title
A spokesman said: "The club is enjoying a successful return to competition since the COVID restrictions were lifted and we were fortunate to retain so many of our boxers during a testing 18 months of inactivity.
"We're looking forward to boxing for more titles in the coming months."