Neville Nania confirms Godmanchester Rovers defender Tom Moran has joined Cambridge City
- Credit: Archant
GODMANCHESTER Rovers’ joint manager Neville Nania has said central defender Tom Moran has gone to Cambridge City with the club’s blessing.
Moran, the 26-year-old former Soham Town Rangers player, who has been with Godmanchester for three seasons, has joined Gary Roberts’ Southern League Premier Division promotion challengers, and will be in the squad for their game against Chesham United on Saturday.
Nania told The Hunts Post: “Gary rang me and said he had had Tom watched for a couple of weeks. I’ve got a lot of respect for Gary and he obviously knows his football, so Tom goes with our blessing.
“We have Nicky Hurst and Charlie Bowen so it doesn’t cause us a major problem, especially as we don’t have a game on Saturday.
“It’s up to Tom now to grab the chance, to take the opportunity - but he knows we are always here for him.”
You may also want to watch:
Nania has talked up the importance of a settled squad in recent weeks - the 6-1 win against Mildenhall Town on Wednesday was their sixth win on the trot, so he and co-manager David Hurst will be hoping that losing such an influential player will not upset the balance of the team
But that shouldn’t happen with Stephen Hurst ready to step up at full back after beginning the last game on the bench - and the captain Hurst and former Huntingdon Town player Bowen forming a strong unit themselves.
- 1 Station hub will "breathe new life" into Huntingdon
- 2 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
- 3 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 4 Child rapist from St Ives has been jailed after abuse
- 5 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 6 How well do you know Huntingdon?
- 7 Take a sneaky peak inside the new Di Rita's at No2 restaurant in St Ives
- 8 Gym members raise funds for children with cancer
- 9 Woman delighted to finally be a mum after infertility heartache
- 10 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
The only worry would be that the depth of the squad has taken a hit and that any injury to any defender would leave Nania and Hurst light at the back. These things do happen, it was the injury to Lee Chaffey at Cambridge that prompted Roberts to make his move for Moran.
The move, reported elsewhere as a trial, is more than that as far as Nania is concerned. “The registration is going through and he will be available in time for the game against Chesham on Saturday,” he told The Hunts Post. “We wish Tom all the best.”.