Neots World Cup bid edges closer
ST NEOTS Town s hopes of being part of an England World Cup bid received a boost on Wednesday with the announcement that Milton Keynes has made the FA s candidate host city shortlist. If England win the right to host the World Cup in 2018 or 2022, Saints
ST NEOTS Town's hopes of being part of an England World Cup bid received a boost on Wednesday with the announcement that Milton Keynes has made the FA's candidate host city shortlist.
If England win the right to host the World Cup in 2018 or 2022, Saints' Rowley Park ground will be used as a training base for an international team playing group matches in Milton Keynes.
The other training bases to be used in a successful Milton Keynes bid are Northampton's Sixfields stadium, Rushden and Diamonds' Nene Park and MK Dons' Stadium MK.
The FA approved a list of 17 stadiums in 12 cities hoping to host matches, including Birmingham, Bristol, Leeds, Liverpool, London, Manchester, Milton Keynes, Newcastle/Gateshead, Nottingham, Plymouth, Sheffield and Sunderland.
You may also want to watch:
FIFA will choose the World Cup hosts in December 2010 and a final decision on host cities will be made by 2013.
- 1 Station hub will "breathe new life" into Huntingdon
- 2 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
- 3 Child rapist from St Ives has been jailed after abuse
- 4 Take a sneaky peak inside the new Di Rita's at No2 restaurant in St Ives
- 5 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 6 Woman delighted to finally be a mum after infertility heartache
- 7 How well do you know Huntingdon?
- 8 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 9 Man to appear in court after smashing police car window with sledgehammer
- 10 Numerous Huntingdon High Street shops shut due to flooding