Neots drop points - and Lynn strike late

A full round-up of the midweek United Counties League action - including St Neots, St Ives, Eynesbury Rovers and Huntingdon Town.

Peterborough Northern Star 1-1 St Neots Town

LEADERS St Neots Town dropped points to Peterborough Northern Star for the second time this season on Tuesday night.

Chasing King’s Lynn Town claimed a dramatic three points with a 2-1 win at home to S&L Corby – thanks to a penalty two minutes into added time – meaning that Neots’ advantage will be just a point if Lynn win their game in hand.

At the Chestnuts the first half ended goalless, though St Neots loanee Dominic Green had a chance, and Karl Gibbs and John Stead tested visiting keeper Luke McShane.

PNS went ahead on 49 minutes when Gibbs steered home a close-range header from Stead’s right-wing cross.

St Neots forced Star further and further back as the game went on, and it was no surprise when they equalised after 75 minutes.

Most Read

Stefan Moore held the ball up well before feeding Jacob, who fired St Neots level via the underside of the bar.

• At Westwood Road, St Ives Town avenged defeat earlier in the season with an emphatic 3-0 home win over Daventry United.

Will Briscoe struck the post for the Motormen after eleven minutes but after that the home side had the better of the game.

Conor Washington gave them a 36th-minute lead, converting Tom McGowan’s through ball. McGowan also set up the second home goal after 72 minutes, Scott Fielding applying the finish from six yards.

With 10 minutes remaining, Lee Ellison sealed the win from the penalty spot after a handball.

• Eynesbury Rovers moved into the top five of the UCL Division One as they beat Harborough Town 1-0 at Hall Road.

Making their first visit to Eynesbury, Harborough were undone by Neil Morris’s goal on 78 minutes, which gave Rovers their third win in four games.

• Huntingdon Town made it three games unbeaten with a 1-1 draw at Wootton Blue Cross.

Adam Lacey gave the visitors a 20th-minute lead, but they were pegged back 14 minutes from time by a Marc Umney equaliser for Blue Cross.