Neots come from behind to beat Huntingdon in Senior Cup
The Saints were 3-1 winners but had to come from behind after going an early goal down.
It was Huntingdon’s Declan Rogers who scored first, on 14 minutes, lobbing debutant goalkeeper Jack Mitchell after a swift counter-attack which had begun with a Dan Jacob shot hitting a post.
Chris Manangu, also making his full debut after coming on as a substitute at North Greenford last month, equalised on 36 minutes, picking his spot sweetly, before Pearson Mwanyongo found Jacob for St Neots’ second two minutes later.
Saints manager Dennis Greene sent on Stefan Moore and Lewis Webb in the second half and shuffled his pack but it was Huntingdon who went close shortly after the restart, Ondre Odain breaking through the home side’s defence but shooting wide.
A brilliant 60-yard Lewis Hilliard pass fed Moore for the Saints’ third, before the striker clipped a post late on.
You may also want to watch:
St Neots will now face either St Ives Town or Yaxley in the semi-finals.
- 1 Envar deny responsibility for county's fly invasion
- 2 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 3 Huntingdonshire parks awarded Green Flag status
- 4 Volunteers needed to support booster jabs programme
- 5 Elsie May's Electric Lounge to raise £15,000 for bakery school
- 6 Visiting restrictions at Hinchingbrooke Hospital partially lifted
- 7 Man jailed for historic sexual abuse 'convinced child victims it was normal behaviour'
- 8 Appeal to Transport Secretary over Huntingdon Rail Station plan
- 9 Aggressive and controlling partner jailed
- 10 'Plague' of flies in Huntingdonshire villages